Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 135.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Quote from stt1: “I'm assuming that we were talking about using same selector as for ST-V for other multi's as well. ” The same selector design? Yes The same physical selector? No I would want dedicated selectors for each board.

• Quote from twistedsymphony: “uncovered EPROMs give me anxiety ” I feel the same. I get a piece of black tape on there 2.2 seconds after programming it.

• Hello from Canada

the Goat - - Introduce Yourself!

Bonjour ya canuck, eh. I'm just south of you in Vermont.

• Quote from evilsim: “Hot air for all the smd components. Makes for a much easier cleaner job. You can just get a cheapo from eBay and they work very well. I didn't own a hot air gun for many years and now I do, I use it for all smd work, period. ” I use it to remove smd components. But for installing smd I usually find a conventional iron to be better.

• Home Arcade System

the Goat - - RGB's lab

Quote from RGB: “I've got some bad news - next week I'll undergo a minor operation and this will affect the delivery of the next HAS batch, I won't be able to work for good 3 weeks (however I think I might be able to continue shipping the pre-orders) Good news is that I should finally have the JAMMA extension harnesses ready in the first week of February. ” Just dedicate yourself to getting better. I'm sending maximum karma your way.

• Home Arcade System

the Goat - - RGB's lab

Quote from Brendle: “Like I mentioned, I don't want to get it working to play it, so I'm not interested in playing it in MAME or any other port. I would like to test it and then sell it. ” People are trying to tell you, your plan doesn't make economic sense. You will pay a lot more for the HAS supergun, power supply, controller adapter, kick harness, and RGB cable then you will get from selling a working Mortal Kombat II PCB. And that assumes you have an analog RGB compatible display. If not, th…

• Quote from evilsim: “... some expensive tools like a decent iron and a hot air gun ... ” Curious, what do you use the hot air gun for during assembly?

• Home Arcade System

the Goat - - RGB's lab

Quote from xtrasmiley: “Thanks for the reply. If it adds no lag, why is the default set to buffered? Why no use regenerated as the default as it seems to make the most PCBs work? ” Buffered doesn't add any lag and is a balance between safe and least intrusive. Regenerated can alter the signal. Quote from xtrasmiley: “As for the scope, sadly I do not have one. When you say 75R termination, do you mean the game PCB or the other switch on the HAS (which I keep on 75R not TTL). ” He means the termin…

• Quote from jassin000: “UW0r699.png I don't care what you do for work! If you make a living in VT, no way you've got 1.5 Million. ” Hey, how did you get a picture of my house?!

• Quote from jassin000: “Quote from the Goat: “Yeah, I'm in the "big city" of Burlington VT. ” Best place I've ever lived, I often dream about going back.Know why I don't? Rent is expensive, jobs (even pretty good ones) in the state don't pay shit. I was sick of being poor, feeling like I had to beg rich assholes that came-up just to buy summer homes for a handout. They displaced me, and all my friends, jacked up the price of home ownership to ridiculous levels in terms of cost of living for nativ…

• Quote from jassin000: “Quote from the Goat: “Except the millions of monochrome CRT in the world. ” Sure, but as I said "consumer grade CRT TVs" I wasn't really talking about monochrome now was I? Are you suggesting black & white TVs are still common in households (millions)? It's been my experience even composite only (trash) color CRT TVs are becoming rare now. BTW you located in Burlington? Just curious as I grew up in VT, lived all over the state. ” I was just being overly pedantic for the hu…

• Quote from jassin000: “No, but the only thing from preventing an arcade monitor from displaying a composite image is the missing NTSC decoding hardware. If you supplied this externally it would of course work, as this is how all consumer grade CRT TVs function internally... At some point they must convert everything they are given into RGB, this is necessary to drive the electron guns inside the tube itself. Also why some of these "hack a tv to display RGB" guides are getting so popular now, if …

• Home Arcade System

the Goat - - RGB's lab

Quote from telecommand: “Quote from ShootTheCore: “+1 for QCRetro's PSU covers - they're fantastic. arcade-projects.com/forums/ind…8321d5e525ff38a15e524bec5 ” How did you get the MWP-606 cover? Has he released these already? I don't see them available on his Thingiverse page... ” I don't know if he released the Arcade PSU covers for general sale. I believe he announced the first sales through his Twitter. I bought two. I give them a thumbs up.

• UD-USB Decoders

the Goat - - Temple of the Undamned

FYI: UD DB15 adapters are live at Paradise arcade shop.

• UD-USB Decoders

the Goat - - Temple of the Undamned

Quote from lupinko: “Quote from Vehelits: “Please add me to your list (if there is one) for two enclosed usb adapters direct from you if possible. Thanks. ” Just PM undamned directly, it’s easier for everyone involved. That’s what I did for mine last year. ” Actually just watch the relevant paradise arcade shop page, because that is where they will be sold once they become available.

• Quote from FakeNoose: “Is there a 'practice mode' hack for the fighting games? ” You have full access to the JAMMA service buttons so can freely set the game difficulty as low as you want.

• Quote from nem: “Quote from Apocalypse: “Also it's just a hobby ” Is it? 168 x 220 USD is 40k. That's a lot of money for some after hours hobby project. ” It is actually $36,960. That is the gross sales not the net profit after subtracting BOM cost and labor. Also it assumes all 168 pre-orders complete the purchase. I bet 10% to 20% will back out. Based on the first post in this thread and the production schedule, about two years will have been invested in the project before all that money is se…

• Quote from xlom: “Quote from the Goat: “Quote from xlom: “Is anyone using this with their gcompsw? There's a big red warning up on his site now about it being dangerous to use superguns on it (mainly because of audio but sometimes video gretrostuff.com/store/gcompsw/). Curious if anyone's been using it on one without issue before I attempt it. ” The Minigun (and the vast majority of Superguns) output RGBS not component video (YPbPr). So I'm not sure why you are looking at the gcompsw.I use the M…

• Quote from xlom: “Is anyone using this with their gcompsw? There's a big red warning up on his site now about it being dangerous to use superguns on it (mainly because of audio but sometimes video gretrostuff.com/store/gcompsw/). Curious if anyone's been using it on one without issue before I attempt it. ” The Minigun (and the vast majority of Superguns) output RGBS not component video (YPbPr). So I'm not sure why you are looking at the gcompsw. I use the Minigun and the HAS supergun with my gsc…

• Home Arcade System

the Goat - - RGB's lab

Quote from RGB: “@kuze - when you use it with the HAS, you don't need the CPS2 kick header, because the HAS passess all 6 button signals via the JAMMA connector and you'll only need a standard HAS compatible kick harness for the other end of the extension harness. ” Does the extension remove buttons 4-6 from the JAMMA extension? Our is that what the dip switches are for?