Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 1,000. There are more results available, please enhance your search parameters.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• I know you're not making it up. I've worked in manufacturing for 16 years... but you still don't understand the concept. for a single object you only have 6 axis that it can move in. that's it. those machines are called 9, 10, 11 axis because there are multiple objects and they're just adding up the total number of moving axis among all the objects. so they have one 5 axis machine head plus a 4 axis fixture and the market it as a 9 axis machine. it's like if you bought a dog and then went around…

• there are only 6 axis linear motion along x y and z rotational motion along x y and z anyone that sold a cnc as having more than 6 axis was doing so as a marketing gimmick. without any basis in reality

• For me personally... I had 2 completely dead mobos, I was able to get them booting again by swapping in the consumer version of the mobo and swapping over the bios chip from the dead ones. I ended up buying a "working" mobo that was also dead on arrival. so these things just suck for reliability. after the consumer mobo swap the game will boot to the region warning screen and then throw a windows error about needing to be restarted because new hardware has been found. At this point you have to m…

• Quote from Zebra: “If it's track 9 axis if could be super accurate. ” 9-axis? AFAIK there are only 6-axis unless you're living in the 4th dimension

• if the main board is correct you might be able to use the sound board from your SFTM assuming it's ok. it's also possible that there are other compatible sound boards, I just don't think any of them have been tested.

• Quote from ShootTheCore: “It looks like the PAL that I dumped from U25 on my Dyna Gear board isn't in MAME yet. ” Have you tested your PAL dump? There are quite a few that I've dumped and looked correct but they wouldn't work once programmed to a new chip and tested on the PCB.

• Quote from AlxUnderBase: “I've searched for a picture of sub board yesterday afternon of Super Real Mahjong P7 . no success until now . since in Mame nobody knows what she looks or what number she have writed o ” there was one on Yahoo Auctions a few weeks back and I grabbed the auction pictures. it's a unique sub board but it's basically just a VISCO-JJ1 PCB with lots more ROM space. arcade-projects.com/forums/ind…a26650241f87b3186045da0aa

• FWIW I tested converting Mahjong Hyper Reaction to Dyna Gear in MAME as it uses a similar sound mapping. it seems to work though the controls aren't all mapped. it's possible this is just do to MAME mapping controls for mahjong instead of normal joystick/buttons. So that could potentially be another donor/cheaper option than Survival Arts Meiosis Magic and Super Real Mahjong P7 are two other possible candidates that have the Ensoniq.2 soundbank available but I haven't tested either yet (Meiosis …

• If you want to try adding the rest of the sounds, try concatenating u7+u6 from the original Dyna Gear set and then burning the resulting file to a 27c160 and installing in the SND1 location.

• Already started analyzing... splitting the sound ROM it looks like it's a concatenation of U9+U8 of the original Dyna Gear set without any additional modification, which is exactly what you'd do when going from 2x 8Mbit ROMs to a single 16Mbit ROM Same goes for the program ROM... It's just U4 and U3 from the original Dyna Gear set interleaved and then doubled, which is exactly what you'd do when going from 2x 8-bit/4Mbit ROMs to a single 16-bit/16Mbit ROM I'm not sure there's any benefit to dupi…

• Quote from Zebra: “As I suspected, these Virtua Cop 3 guns didn't have the advertised recoil or even have room in the shell to put a solenoid. ” if you want a Sega IR pistol with Recoil Guns from 2Spicy and Sega Golden Gun both have recoil. I'm sure there are others but those are the two that come to mind.

• one thing to keep in mind is that there are multiple revisions of the GT3D mobo and sound board. given that they have different GT3D ROMs in MAME for the different board revisions I would suspect that you need to keep to the same revision that SFTM uses. P/N 1064 REV 1 Mainboard P/N 1066 REV 2 Sound board Also according to MAME there seems to be at least 2 versions of the SFTM security PIC (despite them all having the same label), so I would recommend sticking to SFTM program ROMs that match the…

• Quote from beast1x5: “Wow people went through all the effort of finding posts of my excitement for a multi, yet didn't have the common sense to add a consumer to the list and are now using my old posts to clout chase because of my frustration... Cool.. I'll just wait for my message to buy one then. ” You were complaining that you were in the wrong spot so I went through your old posts as an attempt to help you out by determining where on the list you actually belong. what I found was that you we…

• Quote from beast1x5: “I see quite a few people ahead of me even though I expressed interest before then.. ” The problem is you DIDNT actually say you wanted to be added to the list. your first post in this thread: Quote from beast1x5: “I legit just purchased a system 16 setup with shinobi.. this thread literally just made my day ” your second post in this thread: Quote from beast1x5: “System16B multi boyz!!! ” neither one of these are a clear indication that you want to be added to the interest …

• if you've got a logic probe or scope you can start by seeing if any of the pins on the 74 series IC or the SMD ROMs are floating.

• Quote from rewrite: “Still need to know how to go about replacing it though ” I don't think you can. AFAIK they're not dumped, and they'd probably need to be sent out to be de-capped to reproduce (or reverse engineer the code from MAME). with that said, I'd suspect if that were your problem it wouldn't even boot. Quote from ekorz: “my money is on the 74ls anyway! ” that's certainly the easiest/cheapest next thing to check though I'm curious what "square things" were swapped over on the main boar…

• Quote from ekorz: “I think @rewrite needs a dump of the PAL on the actual SFTM rom board, U1 labeled ITSF-1, which isn’t the same as golden tee which is ITGF-1 I think. ” the problem is it's not a PAL, it's the security PIC

• Quote from rewrite: “Had an SFTM that didn't play *at all*, got a Golden Tee that works 100%. Swapped the two square guys on the motherboard, swapped the sound and prog/graphics rom boards over, game works mostly. ” there are 3 boards that make up the stack. 1. the Main board - Identical between SFTM and Golden Tee 3D, NOTHING needs to be swapped 2. the Sound board - Identical between SFTM and Golden Tee 3D, except for the Audio ROMs and 3. the ROM board - Completely different between the two. L…

• should be the same as Golden Tee 3D: jammarcade.net/wiki/index.php?title=Golden_Tee_3D_Golf which, if the new PAL doesn't fix it just buy a Golden Tee with the same model number PCB and swap it on. When I was "fixing" my SFTM I managed to buy 3 of them in a lot for $35 shipped.

• Quote from Usukane: “I think it was bricked by having jamma and the power adapter plugged in. ” the big red switch on the back of the unit swaps between JAMMA power and power adapter, so there's no reason both can't be plugged in at the same time. honestly you can use anything for a PSU as long as it outputs to a properly pinned ATX and 4-pin molex connectors.