Search Results

Search results 1-15 of 15.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Astro City monitor squealing

Magus - - Monitor Help

Yes that sounds about right. Sanwa pm1745 chassis with a Toshiba tube. I will take a look at those. Thanks for your help and knowledge share.

Magus - - Monitor Help

Thanks for the suggestions. I added some pictures to hopefully identify the yoke and chassis imgur.com/gallery/rt9ObkH

• Greetings from Brazil

Magus - - Introduce Yourself!

Welcome! Nice projects you have there!!

Magus - - Monitor Help

Just an update. I went to check it out earlier today and heard a new noise! Was wondering if you guys think this is still in that area or if this is something different. youtu.be/znDtEqpDf1Q

• Don’t forget Bloody Roar 3 for fighting games.

Magus - - Monitor Help

Thanks for the rundown. Appreciate you taking the time to write this out! I will investigate further and see what I can accomplish to remediate the noise.

Magus - - Monitor Help

Quote from Mitsurugi-w: “In my experience that sound usually comes from the ferrite core of the flyback resonating. The fix could be as simple as using a toothpick. ” Thanks for the suggestion. Is there a documented process or video on this technique? Sorry I’m pretty ignorant with this stuff. Quote from rewrite: “Also, if present try screwing the mounting screws for the flyback in tighter. ” I believe they’re on pretty tight but I could give that a go. I uploaded another video if it helps. Than…

• Hi from Brooklyn, NY

Welcome!

Magus - - Monitor Help

Hi everyone, My Astro City's monitor recently developed a strange noise. It makes a squealing sound at a very high pitch but it only last for a few seconds. Then it'll come back. I don't think it's capacitor related, not that it couldn't use a re-cap but the image looks normal. I did some googleing and came across this thread. forum.arcadeotaku.com/viewtopic.php?t=26922 - I'm not sure if that's what I'm dealing with or not. I uploaded a video to youtube so you can hear the sound it's making. Thi…

• Hi From Boston, MA

Welcome!

• Recapping 20L5

Magus - - Monitor Help

Quote from Nimmers: “Gonna Necro this. Anyone have the geometry cap list for the L5? I bought a cap kit off Pat for my M4 and was super disappointed to get 17 Chinese caps for $50us. ” Here’s one for the deflection boards. reddit.com/r/crtgaming/comment…=share&utm_medium=ios_app

• Hi from Singapore!

Welcome!

• New to the scene

Awesome, I'll look forward to the meetups. Thanks!

• New to the scene

Quote from Mitsurugi-w: “Welcome! ” Thanks! Quote from ekorz: “Welcome! You’ve got your location as “USA” but if you’re somewhere, uh, populated I’d suggest editing that. Many areas coordinate meetups and such, and if you ever need some troubleshooting in-person members here are helpful (if you’re close by). Not required obviously, just an observation. ” Thanks! It's been edited. That's good to know, Appreciate it.

• New to the scene

Hi everyone, I've heard great things about this forum and thought it was about time I join! A little about me. Hobbies include - soldering and programing chips, playing guitar. And last but not least.. gaming on my Sega Astro City! I look forward to learning more all things arcade related and hope to be of some value with forum contributions. Thanks!