What's new

Mitsurugi-w

Arcade Admini-Moderator
Staff member
Immortal
Reaction score
This item was developed by myself to assist with controls when playing arcade games that require a Sega JVS I/O. It allows you to remap buttons and controls with a simple interface. It will also allow you to use a modded PC joystick for flight games and a PC racing wheel to play racing games. Now you can standardize your controls among many different platforms.

This is great for Naomi, Chihiro, Lindbergh, Triforce, Namco 246/256/357/359, etc. You can even use this to add analog controls when using a Capcom I/O!!!

Price is $75 plus shipping.

I include a 26-pin ribbon cable for analog controls and a 40 or 60 pin interconnect cable of your choice depending on which I/O you will be using. I also include one DB25 solder cup connector to get you started.

Here is what they look like:

J4j3rHE.jpg

xcGXKpx.jpg

The color of the LEDs may vary depending on what I have on hand.

BTW. If you want to buy extra connectors from me here is the price:

DB25--- $5
DB15--- $4

Here are some videos:

Part 1:

Part 2:

I can also sell this particular gun adapter fully asssembled for $25.

This looks really interesting to me as I would love to play Crazy Taxi and Jambo Safari but I don't have a dedicated car cabinet and currently only have the Capcom 1/O board to pair with my Naomi. I would also one day love to have an arcade perfect rendition Outrun and get the chance to play SEGA Race TV but that is a dream for another day.

In terms of PC Wheels I have a Thrustmaster TX - could I get this to work (with force feedback) with this I/O helper?

Just a question - I have a Capcom I/O - but what is a good higher revision of the JVS I/O? My copy of Zombie Revenge seems to hate the Capcom I/O. Also thanks for showing how to setup the Naomi with a separate power supply in the video.

Also, is there anyway to repurpose a Naomi cart? I have Slash Out that freezes before gameplay and I would love for it to be something other than trash.

In terms of PC Wheels I have a Thrustmaster TX - could I get this to work (with force feedback) with this I/O helper?
I'm not sure. You would need to open up the pedals and see if it uses pots or not. FFB is up to you. My S-JIHP does nothing with it.

Just a question - I have a Capcom I/O - but what is a good higher revision of the JVS I/O? My copy of Zombie Revenge seems to hate the Capcom I/O. Also thanks for showing how to setup the Naomi with a separate power supply in the video.
My S-JIHP works with the Capcom I/O and all revisions of Sega's JVS I/Os. A revision 1 JVS I/O is cheap and works for a majority of games.

Also, is there anyway to repurpose a Naomi cart? I have Slash Out that freezes before gameplay and I would love for it to be something other than trash.
More than likely you could fix it by resoldering the roms. I've never converted a Naomi cart but it is possible.

To Mitsurugi-w,

Just earlier today I received the Operation Thunderbolt gun that I ordered last week, but when I went and opened up the bottom part of it I saw that the 5v and the ground wire were reversed, which is something that you said could happen(mentioned at around 10:53 in your video titled, "Using an Operation Thunderbolt gun with S-JIHP") from time to time. My question is: how exactly do you go about "reversing" the 2 wires? Does it involve any soldering?

Also, before I forget, does the S-JIHP come with the 2 resistors as seen in "Intro to Mitsurugi-w's S-JIHP part 1, at around 3:15 into the video? Just need final clarification.

My question is: how exactly do you go about "reversing" the 2 wires? Does it involve any soldering?
Yes. Use a soldering iron and remove the wires and resolder them in reverse order. Just leave the middle wire where it is.
does the S-JIHP come with the 2 resistors as seen in "Intro to Mitsurugi-w's S-JIHP part 1, at around 3:15 into the video? Just need final clarification.
The video shows the proto. The final version you are getting has smd resistors installed. You are good to go.

OK, then. Since I myself know nothing about soldering, I can simply ask my Dad for help, since he's a master when it comes to soldering stuff(He's a TV engineer, BTW) 8) . Also, good to hear about the two resistors already installed on the S-JIHP.

Now that that's taken care of, exactly how can I order an S-JIHP (plus the Operation Thunderbolt gun adapter)from you? Or should I move this to the Trade/Sell section of the forums?

I would like to buy one of these, but I need some explaination. I already sent you a pm, Mitsurugi. Please read it !:)

I would like to buy one of these, but I need some explaination. I already sent you a pm, Mitsurugi. Please read it !:)
Where did you send it?

Hey Mitsurugi-w,

First of all, great product!

As far as I know, most Sega analog controller used 5k pots. My question would be, if I connect a wheel or joystick to it, do I need to change the potmeters in the device? Or I can set up the controller with potmeters with different values in the game settings?

Thanks,

Nandi

Hey Mitsurugi-w,

As far as I know, most Sega analog controller used 5k pots. My question would be, if I connect a wheel or joystick to it, do I need to change the potmeters in the device? Or I can set up the controller with potmeters with different values in the game settings?

Thanks,

Nandi
Most I have tested work fine as long as they have pots. And then sometimes a calibration helps also if it is a bit off. The guns almost always need calibration.

Hey Mitsurugi-w,

Thanks,

Nandi
Most I have tested work fine as long as they have pots. And then sometimes a calibration helps also if it is a bit off. The guns almost always need calibration.
Great, thanks!

Great, thanks!
Keep in mind that they are not plug and play. You will need to modify the wiring a bit unless you buy actual arcade controls to use with it.

Hello Mitsurugi-w.

Can you post the DB15 port pinout? or it´s similar to the PC´s one?

Best regards.

Hello Mitsurugi-w.

Can you post the DB15 port pinout? or it´s similar to the PC´s one?

Best regards.
The DB15 ports are PC joystick pinout. I did it that way so people could easily mod certain PC controls like Joysticks and racing wheels by just rewiring the inside of the devices a bit.

The DB25 ports use a modified MAS SuperNova pinout. I can post that pinout here if you need it. I added analog controls and a few others to it.

Does the S-JIHP work with the Sega Chihiro version of House of the Dead 3? Too bad HOTD 2 is so difficult to find and doesn't work as per the "regular" Naomi games.

Does the S-JIHP work with the Sega Chihiro version of House of the Dead 3? Too bad HOTD 2 is so difficult to find and doesn't work as per the "regular" Naomi games.
Yep! Works great. I have it here as well.

We will probably have one of these HOTD2 setups for sale soon. ;)

Back