What's new
Question... Does anyone have a detailed spec on the sort of pots required on analog input? 5k pots are mentioned, but what is the voltage requirement? Is the range 0-5v, 0-3.3v?

You are trying to use light guns with sensors, right? This won't help you with that. It will let you use X/Y guns for certain games if you wanted to avoid always moving your sensors, etc.
I have the S-JIHP and also a set of Operation Thunderbolt X/Y guns and understand there is no advantage in looking into the Sega Type II guns with the S-JIHP. My only wish is to find an effective way to use the Thunderbolt guns as they are required to be "stationary" correct? Would love to have a handheld version of an X/Y gun that would fit in a holster as I don't have a dedicated cabinet for the gun setup but would "bring out" when needed for the gun games. Otherwise, I need to find a setup or stand that would support the guns and allow me to bring them out for the gun games and leave my 4 player control panel in tact for my other games, etc. Any thoughts on a hand held X/Y gun or way to setup the X/Y guns with some sort of stand or extension of the CP that would still allow them to be effective? Thanks.

I have a small folding table that the guns are mounted on. When I want to play a gun game I pull it out and set it up in front of the monitor.

When they are X/Y guns; is the viewing angle or alignment with the monitor a large issue or can the guns simply be put in front of the monitor in any fashion. The monitor is angled back as a typical arcade monitor and I am wondering if the angle or alignment with the guns is a major issue or if the X/Y part of it makes it somewhat irrelevant as the gun target will follow the motion of the gun and not any actually light or output of the gun itself. If that is the case; I will be easier to simply find a table or mount and not worry about if the gun is facing the monitor at a correct angle or distance that would affect accuracy or gameplay. Thanks.

The angle doesn't affect the reliability of the shot but you will need to calibrate the guns every time you move them unless you can put them exactly in the same place. Calibrating doesn't take long.

I know you had previously said you could make an adapter for Operation Thunderbolt guns for the board, Can you make an Adapter for using a Revolution X gun so no mods would be needed to the gun to connect it to the S-JIHP?

Also, would it work just fine if you only have 1 gun or would games (such as those for Lindbergh, Naomi or BFF for Hikaru) require all guns to be calibrated?

All games I've tried work fine with one gun attached.

If your gun has the connector that midway used then I can easily make an adapter since I have one here to compare. Some people just cut the damn wires when they remove the guns.

Does this support mapping 1 button to multiple functions? For example, if I want the Start button on my vanilla Crazy Taxi cab to act as both Start and View Change for OutRun 2.

Hi Mitsu, I PMed you about an order for a S-JIHP :)

I happen to have a DB15 breakout laying around, sans cutting traces, and remapping is there access via this layout to AD0 - AD3? Say for example I want to connect an analog stick using my DB15 breakout. I've already used the DB25 that came with your kit, so I was looking at available options before I picked up another.

Thanks.

Though a joystick only has two axis the DB15 ports are wired so that each player has 4 analog channels. The PC joy pinout says the port has p1 x and y axis and p2 x and y axis. But I made the p2 x and y the third and fourth channel for each player. So the p1 port has AD0-3 and the P2 port has AD4-7.

Back