What's new
If someone has the time, feel free to make/sell these, I don't mind. I can attach a CC0 license if people want.

I couple of things: I used a Glowforge with a 3D Engrave for the engraving (on the reverse side, which is why the logos in the SVG are mirrored). I don't think the Ketsui 'spine' turned out as well as the others as I left more of the surrounding image in it, I may revist it and just include the logo/lettering. The 3D printing was done on a Prusa MK3S in Prusament Carmine Red with a 0.1mm layer height: when using a 0.2/0.3mm layer height, the print (with side standing up) resulted in loose slots for the PCBs. It may be worth experimenting :)

3D Engrave for the engraving (on the reverse side, which is why the logos in the SVG are mirrored)
Engraving is like the worse thing, it takes FOREVER to get good results. I have started to experiment with actually scoring anything that I would have engraved and then filling the scored "text" with acrylic paint. Only thing that sucks is whatever shapes you want scored needs to be made up of open ended lines/paths. Im still experimenting with it until I nail it down.

I would be happy help out and cut the plexis, I have a formlabs resin printer so parts to make are expensive, so maybe TS wants to do the 3D printed parts? And I can do the acrylic.
You could make one high quality print, then make a silicone mould to make further copies.

I would be happy help out and cut the plexis, I have a formlabs resin printer so parts to make are expensive, so maybe TS wants to do the 3D printed parts? And I can do the acrylic.
You could make one high quality print, then make a silicone mould to make further copies.
I can give it a try, need to look into getting their castable resin, etc..

Doesn't "castable resin" in this context mean metal-casting/foundry use? Can't you duplicate normal prints just like you duplicate other objects?
The only thing I would look at is if you can model sprue or vent holes directly onto the object.

Doesn't "castable resin" in this context mean metal-casting/foundry use? Can't you duplicate normal prints just like you duplicate other objects?The only thing I would look at is if you can model sprue or vent holes directly onto the object.
I havent gotten into molding yet, but I know they have high temp resins, etc...that can be used for injection molding, if I can get into that, then that would cut a big junk of $$ needed as you could technically make a mold yourself and your parts made at an injection molding place where they just charge by the hour/material I think. Ill mess around with it when I can.

why resin and no fdm print?
how thick is the plexi?

thanks a lot for sharing the files.

why resin and no fdm print?
how thick is the plexi?

thanks a lot for sharing the files.
No problem! The parts designed to be printed on an FDM printer in a specific orientation, you could mostlikely simplify a bunch of things if you are using SLA/SLS.

I used 1/8-th inch cast acrylic, but I suppose that 3mm should work just as well.

so which versions of the roms do I need to use?
As is, I've got 10 files for DDP, and 9 for ketsui and Galuda.

since I don't have a programmer anymore, I really want to make sure I have this right before I place my order with buyICnow

since I don't have a programmer anymore, I really want to make sure I have this right before I place my order with buyICnow
Did you use Fluffys Scrypt to generate the correct files??? It makes life so easy as they are all labled. Plus DDP has to be a decrypted main prog rom. His script does that tooo.

Just make sure you install the newest version of Python! I tryed with 3.0.1 and it didn't work.... BUT with the latest version it works fine!

Tim.

Did you use Fluffys Scrypt to generate the correct files??? It makes life so easy as they are all labled. Plus DDP has to be a decrypted main prog rom. His script does that tooo.
Just make sure you install the newest version of Python! I tryed with 3.0.1 and it didn't work.... BUT with the latest version it works fine!

Tim.
yup, updated before running the script.
I'm hoping to run the dual version of DDP, and the vanilla version of ketsui.
which version of MAME should I pull the rom from?

wait, is it 9 + the bin file for the related game from the PGM program files zip file from the initial post?

if that's the case, how which rom do I need for switching in DDP?

I'm confused, IF you have run Fluffys script , Then there are 3 root directors and in them are all the files you need.. and there all named correctly for use in Fluffys PCBs.

BUT you need ALL the rom sets from mame for each game so the script will run properly......

T.

wait, is it 9 + the bin file for the related game from the PGM program files zip file from the initial post?

if that's the case, how which rom do I need for switching in DDP?
From the first post:
ddp3_p1_dual.bin
This is the black/white version, and you'll get a menu at boot.
ketsui_p1_trap.bin
This has the unmodified version in bank 0, and the trap version in bank 1. You can use this version and just not populate the jumper 2, or pick one of the other versions.

Otherwise you'll need the A1-A4, B1+B2, T1+T2 and M1 roms for each game.

okay, I think I've got it.
would someone be willing to double check the files to make sure I've used the correct roms and everything?

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1lAbSp2KyxhGRk0yIzBTXLf3sFvMuMV2_/view?usp=sharing
D:\candy\PGM\HERE\ddp3_rg>fc *.bin D:\candy\PGM\test\*.bin
Comparing files ddp3_a1.bin and D:\CANDY\PGM\TEST\ddp3_a1.BIN
FC: no differences encountered

Comparing files ddp3_a2.bin and D:\CANDY\PGM\TEST\ddp3_a2.BIN

Comparing files ddp3_a3.bin and D:\CANDY\PGM\TEST\ddp3_a3.BIN

Comparing files ddp3_a4.bin and D:\CANDY\PGM\TEST\ddp3_a4.BIN

Comparing files ddp3_b1.bin and D:\CANDY\PGM\TEST\ddp3_b1.BIN

Comparing files ddp3_b2.bin and D:\CANDY\PGM\TEST\ddp3_b2.BIN

Comparing files ddp3_m1.bin and D:\CANDY\PGM\TEST\ddp3_m1.BIN

Comparing files ddp3_p1_dual.bin and D:\CANDY\PGM\TEST\ddp3_p1_dual.BIN

Comparing files ddp3_t1.bin and D:\CANDY\PGM\TEST\ddp3_t1.BIN

Comparing files ddp3_t2.bin and D:\CANDY\PGM\TEST\ddp3_t2.BIN

The script uses binary hashes to identify files, so if a Rom is found it should be correct.
(Unless someone creates an intentional hash collision, of course ;) )

awesome, thanks guys, last questions
do the provided files from the OP need to be run through the script as well, or are they ready to burn?
when programming, is the byte swap function necessary?

I'm pricing out what it'll cost to assemble one of @bfontain 's awesome cart shells. I don't own a 3D printer or an acrylic laser cutter, which means I have to hire out for both. The best pricing I can find on the 3D printed parts is $70 per cart through makexyz.com . I'm waiting for a quote to come back from Pololu on the laser-cut acrylic pieces, but I expect they'll be in the $50 ballpark. And I'll have to order in the fasteners as well. So in the end, the final cost for one cart shell will be approximately $120-$130.

That price per cart shell seems high to me, so I wanted to check with other folks if that sounds right. If anyone has a lead on a more cost-effective part producer, let me know. Also, I'm confused about the two different handles - is one type of handle used for the left side of the shell while the other type of handle is used right the right side?

Screen Shot 2019-11-20 at 10.43.03 AM.png

Back