What's new
Most likely you're missing a permalloy strip or even a magnet from the yoke. It's a common issue with this monitor.
Getting some convergence strips from somewhere wouldn't help? I assume there's a guide somewhere in that thread for reconverging a monitor. I happen to have all the innards from a blast city available outside of a blast so it wouldn't be too very hard to get it up on a table and go to work.

There is a good chance your volume potentiometer is either dirty or needs replacing. Pretty common problem on them.

I would try cleaning the volume pot first.

To clean the pot spray some electrical contact cleaner inside of it/under it and turn the knob fully clockwise and counterclockwise a few times. This should clean it up if your pot isn't fubar'd.

So as a bit of an update, I cleaned out the volume pot, and also noticed that capacitor cx6 is just straight up broken off the board. It's a 1000uf 25v cap. Is this part of the audio circuit that could be causing the problem? I'm going to fix it anyway it's just be nice to know it's something obvious.

Hoping this will solve my CPS3 audio issue also.

Back