What's new

SnakeGrunger

Professional
Reaction score
Hi everyone,
Maybe someone already posted something similar, however I have not found tutorials on everything you need to do to get this up and running.

So here's what I did :
- I desoldered the 29F400 chip
- removed the battery
- put the chip in my programmer
- erased it
- programmed the SuperBIOS for custom SH2
- verified it
- enabled protection
- soldered it back.

I triple checked the solder joints, no shorts, I also reflowed every pin of the custom SH2, again very careful to use flux and not make any bridges whatsoever. Here's the damage :

Is there anything else that needs to be done ? When I boot with this cart, CD starts spinning but blank screen. Sometimes I have a small fade in the top of the screen and garbage going from left to right.....

And sadly when I put back my SF3 3rd strike original cart, that worked last week, now I get a black screen again, but that's a sob story for another day.

Obi-wan Keno-arcadeprojects, you're my only hope !

Black screen isn't a suicide, it's not loading anything at all (main CPU is in the cart)

Clean the contacts on your cart and the cartridge slot and see if that helps. The cartridge contacts in your photo look very dirty

Only thing I can think of is to clean the cart edge. I see some discoloration on the pcb, is that from the flux or cleaning?

Done and done ! And, silly me...................

I had a solder bridge on two pins of the flash chip, and now it boots. I feel so bad at my own incompetence.

Thanks @XeD and @xodaraP for the replies !!

Back