What's new
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mitsurugi-w

Arcade Admini-Moderator
Staff member
Immortal
Reaction score
Just a little while ago tonight a fake Twitter account called @arcade_projects was created. It is impersonating @Darksoft, the site, and me. Most likely it was created by a former member that we banned but will not name because attention is what they require to give value to their life.

On the same note we do not post on github and the same person created a page with fake info about hacking the TX3 system while using our logos.

We do not have an official twitter for our site. I recommend blocking the account to not see tweets you think are from us in the future.

Also worth noting this person is beyond obsessed with AP even though they have been banned for months now. I am honestly at a loss to try to rationalize the behavior being shown. Of course we can expect these posts are going to be screenshot and put onto twitter just like any other comment they feel wronged by. It has been our policy to ignore and give this behavior no attention but when they feel the need to start impersonation and spreading misinformation it is time to set the record straight just so there isn't confusion. (and this last comment will trigger them as well, because they have this delusion they are 'setting the record straight' re-posting posts from years ago with a new narrative).

Carry on enjoying this great forum :thumbsup:

Hi :

Oh wow. The thing is though to be included is what the basic thing in life seems to be.
For example my country australia is an isolated place generally. I come on here to get great information, and see people achieving great things in the arcade and console world.

I would hope (as hope is a good thing) that this copying is a fruitful and positive thing for this site. (Though i may be misguided here).

Well i can only hope () happy birthday. Well it has to be someones birthday???? Right!

And to be fair i may have been misunderstood previously and may have caused ill will without knowing any better. So sorry for my previous misgivings.

I believe we all should be given an opportunity to help and support each other and this good site.
Now back to the scheduled programming .

Kind regards
Euphoria
:)

spidey.jpg

Any news is good news in my book.

Also, when are you sharing the X3 multi info? It sounds dope!

I've been moderating Ars Technica for some 16 odd years now, and it never ceases to amaze me how obsessed people can be. There's always someone who keeps coming back from being banned repeatedly, even though they're really wasting their own time much more than mine. Hell, I get paid to delete your dumb account and all your troll posts, you're the one going through all the trouble of using a VPN and throw away email to sign up again. Takes me 20 seconds to nuke it all and move on with my life.

This looks like more of the same to me. If you want to spend your time being a bitter loser, railing against windmills, I guess it's your life, and your time.

This looks like more of the same to me. If you want to spend your time being a bitter loser, railing against windmills, I guess it's your life, and your time.
That's it in a nutshell.

Just a little while ago tonight a fake Twitter account called @arcade_projects was created. It is impersonating @Darksoft,
What's the point to all this? What's there to gain? I've felt this shit sting before.

We once had this home-schooled kid a while back (early 2000s) ruin our series of game parties because we allowed drinking adult beverages and he was a young'n.
He ended up impersonating me, and calling our hotel to get our event cancelled and never hosted again.
This kid even went so far as making a "Truth about Chicago-LAN" website to try to sway others that our event was shit even after getting it cancelled.
All of it was to get people to go to his bullshit gaming parties and ruin our names for whatever reason.
In the end, we eventually outed him to his parents, threatened to sue, and moved on.

People can be an infested cock-bag of opinions.

Have you guys considered grabbing the twitter handle or whatever for A-P just so no one else can? Maybe put a statement like, we don't use these go to the site and all others are fake?

Just an idea, I'm old, so half literate when it comes to this online shit.

Yeah the account followed me and I was like wtf since when then saw mitsu's tweet about it lol

I DM'd the acct holder and they clearly have beef with both DS and Mitsu, so I am not inclined to believe that they had good intentions in creating that acct. And I'm positive there is no intended confusion with "Official unofficial account" in the bio :huh:

Perhaps I'm overly cynical, but $5 says their plan is to build a following, get people comfortable with seeing activity from that acct (many people assuming it's DS himself, simply because of the DS logo) and then posting something offensive to make people think DS is a real scumbag.
-ud

Hello, this is @Darksoft typing this message using a different forum account. Just wanted to say that as user Frank_fjs is so awesome I will be sending him a free unit of each of my multis. That is all, thanks.

Hi :

I can only say a few things :

1 : the duality of spider man
2 : who has the bigger finger lol!!
3 : he was the shooter on the grassy knoll
4 : wheres wally?
5 : who really is pointing the finger

The rest is all arbitrary / abstract / karma or at least a persuit down the rabbit hole!

Regards
Euphoria

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back