What's new

LetsPlayCafe

Beginner
Reaction score
Have a Saturday Night Slam Masters with a bad Kabuki, phoenixed the board and have it working with the Kabuki from my Punisher but I only get a black screen with the existing one.

I know this process puts the Kabuki into Z80 mode but trying a vanilla Z80B doesn't seem to work so I suspect there is still something left of the Kabuki mode. Or I am doing something wrong.

Anyone have a working Kabuki they will part with? Or a way to use a Z80 in it's place?

Thanks,
David

A or B will be fine, they just run faster - if you have a faster clock.

As a direct replacement on the cps1.5 the z80 A or B they are not working.
Tried and tried again.
As a Kabuki substitute you should only use 2,5 MHz Z80.
We avoid giving wrong information please.

Obviously you have to make the modded to hardware and have the decrypted code...

Have a Saturday Night Slam Masters with a bad Kabuki, phoenixed the board and have it working with the Kabuki from my Punisher but I only get a black screen with the existing one.

I know this process puts the Kabuki into Z80 mode but trying a vanilla Z80B doesn't seem to work so I suspect there is still something left of the Kabuki mode. Or I am doing something wrong.

Anyone have a working Kabuki they will part with? Or a way to use a Z80 in it's place?

Thanks,
David
I probably have a kabuki chip around here if you are interested you can have it for shipping cost.

Back