What's new

acidrain97

Student
Reaction score
Is Smokemonster's Roll up rom packages necessary or can you use roms from mame or final burn alpha? I'm still getting random sound, video glitches on various games. IE riding hero, the intro is 1 frame per year. Yeah that slow. Real cart works fine. Very frustrating when playing a game and the sound cuts out. Get to the next stage sound comes back. Maybe on the next revision of the AES/MVP cart can someone put in diags for the console/cart. IE test all pins. This maybe a unibios 4.0 issue but I've noticed changing to japan/MVS or japan/aes creates more glitching on various games vs europe/console less glitching. I'm still waiting for the Terra Onion solution and see if that makes a difference.

Smokemonster's roll-ups are built from a current build of MAME. FBA uses a different romset, I wouldn't use it. I also wouldn't try from an old mame romset. But besides that, it's the set everyone is using/playing/testing with, so why not use it yourself? They're posted here so you don't have to fight with all that crap, and can just find a good set. There's a lot of bad roms out there.

I'm just wondering if using a different set would fix some of the glitching IE sound disappearing. What I like to know is what the cart looks for, rom wise or even if the rom set is complete. Terraonion has a program that scans your roms and converts them into a proprietary format so things are accurate. I'm still wondering if the cart is faulty but unfortunately I do not have another AES to test with. Like i said it may not play well with the unibios 4.0

Again i am getting those sound issues myself. But it happens randomly. Along with the voltage use on the MVS version. People saying it's my setup or the cart or something else. I will confirm this when i go to my friend's shop and test the real carts on the current setup and see if the multi doesn't like the board or something else like the psu or etc.

Again i am getting those sound issues myself. But it happens randomly. Along with the voltage use on the MVS version. People saying it's my setup or the cart or something else. I will confirm this when i go to my friend's shop and test the real carts on the current setup and see if the multi doesn't like the board or something else like the psu or etc.
Did you try the new firmware? The new AES one addressed sound issues

AES- Darksoft's MultiAES. Latest Firmware, Menu and Instructions

Mvs- Darksoft's MultiMVS Latest Firmware, Menu and Instructions

I have the MVS version. Yes i am current firmware/menu. I own a MV1F Board. And getting major issues like the random sound cracking crazy. Also getting improper loading 3 games when it re formats the slots. And like i made mentioned to mistu and darksoft the voltage has to be around like 5.15 to play all the heavy hitters when i am being told i only need 5.00 to 5.05 volts which only makes it loose signal and not load anything until i raise it up again. So i am at a lost right now and i am needing answers cause i also sent my unit and multi to mistsu for inspection.

Idk if i should buy a MV1C and call it a day or what. Cause i don't wanna use more voltage or fixing too many issues then i have already even after recapping it and etc.

Well if Mitsu has the unit I’m sure he’ll sort it out. 5v is 5v... the chips are rated for it and they should be receiving it. if you have to go up to 5.15 then you may have other issues, or will create some over time.

And if you already sent the unit out, you’re one firmware behind (they just put a new one out). No idea if it solves the problems you had, but you may want to ask him to update it.

well i should of rephrase my reply. I had sent it in already to mitsu. He mainly said the cart is 100% working on his setup no issues. No psu issues no sound issues nothing. But he used my motherboard with the unibios 4.0 and he he's getting the sound issues on mine and also the voltage issue. So that's why i wanna see if i can use the real carts and see what happens cause if so then my board isn't compatible to the multi at all. i will know by Tuesday

I will confirm this when i go to my friend's shop and test the real carts on the current setup and see if the multi doesn't like the board or something else like the psu or etc.
We look forward to your feedback.

Ok from what i gather today:

The Real Carts of Last Blade 2 And also Metal Slug 3 was giving me issue at first. Had it on 5.4 volts
Then, i had someone attempt to clean the connector on the carts to be sure. kinda got better then we decided to clean the connector on the PCB.
With that help the game load a bunch but it was still messing up. So we had to inch the cart away from the connector to make sure there's 100 contact at least.

So, then i was told to get sand paper of 2,000 grit to take of any grim or dirt from the connector and then wipe it with alcohol and try again. it helped a bit more but as i kept switching games to test it seem like all i did today wasn't worth it. So i think it's either the board is more damage then it is and i am unsure what it is. Or i am still not cleaning the connector all the way clean i guess.

But i may have to get a MV1C and see if that changes anything.

So i guess i will just settle for a new board and stop draining money into the mv1f

If your board had issues also with originals, that's what I would do.

Back