What's new

iGaroux

Professional
Reaction score
When I throw this konami board in my aero city it's not filling the whole screen. System 18 is fine. Any ideas?
Also are these lines normal? Only see them on like black screens.

Attachments

• 20190807_143540.jpg
    20190807_143540.jpg
    376.4 KB · Views: 244
  • 20190807_143545.jpg
    20190807_143545.jpg
    420.7 KB · Views: 223
  • 20190807_143841.jpg
    20190807_143841.jpg
    590 KB · Views: 200
Those look like raster lines, need to turn the screen pot down on the flyback till those disappear, then you might need to turn contrast/brightness back up to compensate. I assume you see those lines no matter what board you have in.

Did you adjust horizontal and vertical size pots?

contrast and brightness is also on the fly?
See the lines on any game yes.

Should I have to adjust the horizontal pots? When I do system 18 it just fits fine.

contrast and brightness is also on the fly?
See the lines on any game yes.

Should I have to adjust the horizontal pots? When I do system 18 it just fits fine.
Edit: sorry not familiar with aero city chassis, don’t think it has a remote board, just a bunch of pots on the chassis. Different games have different resolutions.

Last edited:
I'm assuming the control board is on the chassis? I was told all the colors and stuff come from that stupid 50pin on the harness

wow.. that's such in a bad spot lol.
Can I access that through the suicide door front or underneath?

You should be able to access it just popping up the front hood and using a long screwdriver.

The screen pot on the flyback is another matter. I forget if Aero's have rear doors or not... I only have the Table now, and not a stand-up... That'd be ideal for that part if so, otherwise you may need to get creative..

If by some miracle your Hori Width Coil works, you can adjust the screen size with that. I usually just switch between normal and wide on the chassis and that solves the screen width issue.

really I tried a cps2 game and it also auto adjust without changing anything.

I have 5 of these monitors. They don't auto adjust. Every PCB has different widths, you might just have a few that don't require changing. Again, it's not every game that will be different.

No auto adjust on ms26, You need a set of plastic trim tools for adjustments ,especially for the horizontal width coil, don’t use a hex key as it will damage the core (and get very hot) if doing it while the monitor is on.. you will probably find you’ll only get a couple of cm with the coil, there’s also a jumper on the chassis to set between Wide and narrow, you can do this by removing the back cover and changing it over.

I know this is an old thread but in order to change position of said jumper, would I need to disconnect and discharge monitor?

you don't just make sure the monitor is off, and don't touch the tube.

Back