What's new

Niclas

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I want to upgrade my ram 512 mb
Tried 2 of those.
But not working. When starting x2 theres only "no signal"?

2019-08-08-16-38-23.jpg

Attachments

• 2019-08-08-16-39-11.jpg
    2019-08-08-16-39-11.jpg
    773.8 KB · Views: 202
First time i started it up i heard some neeps actually. But not the second time i tried.

it could be that one or both sticks of RAM are bad.

Try one stick at a time and see if it works

What to look for with compatible ram:
DDR2 800mhz?

It works.
I had 4 of those.
And 1 was bad.
Thank you for your super fast help.

Now on to next issue.
I wanted more ram for deathsmile 2.
But now i have issues whit the coin not working?

Deathsmile 2 coin problem solved.
Dont know what i did took everything out and then it worked =O

That's what I used to upgrade mine - 2 * 1Gb sticks - used "Crucial ballistics" in another with no issues either.

I have found some TTX2's where the empty slot was so full of fluff so had to give it a good clean before it'd register the second stick.

Hi guys

I'm having some problems too with X2 ram upgrade. I've found around my old pc stuff some untested generic ram sticks, so I thought I could use them to upgrade my stock 512mb. I tried switching all the sticks in both the slots but the result is that only one actually worked and only if inserted in the ram slot 1 of the X2 mobo.
The stock DDR is a 512mb pc2-5300U DDR2 667
The new ones I'm trying are 3x 1gb pc2-6400U 666 and 1x 2gb pc2-6400U 666

I also noticed that the 512mb stick (which runs good if inserted alone on slot 1) does not work if I put it on slot 2 coupled with the new 1gb stick on slot 1. The result is the X2 booting up but the Niko Multi not booting (black screen after gui launcher).

the X2 is a 208A (used to run an original SSFIVAE)

Are there any compatibility issues known, maybe?

Thanks!

Hi guys

I'm having some problems too with X2 ram upgrade. I've found around my old pc stuff some untested generic ram sticks, so I thought I could use them to upgrade my stock 512mb. I tried switching all the sticks in both the slots but the result is that only one actually worked and only if inserted in the ram slot 1 of the X2 mobo.
The stock DDR is a 512mb pc2-5300U DDR2 667
The new ones I'm trying are 3x 1gb pc2-6400U 666 and 1x 2gb pc2-6400U 666

I also noticed that the 512mb stick (which runs good if inserted alone on slot 1) does not work if I put it on slot 2 coupled with the new 1gb stick on slot 1. The result is the X2 booting up but the Niko Multi not booting (black screen after gui launcher).

the X2 is a 208A (used to run an original SSFIVAE)

Are there any compatibility issues known, maybe?

Thanks!
So after you see the "ttxshell" window, you get a black screen and the menu never loads?

If so, please see my post here on installing the update pack which fixes this issue.

A Freeware Taito TypeX2 Multigame.

And yet again, Niko comes to rescue me :D
Everything now works! And my X2 now has 3gb ram, which I believe could be enough to run every game smoothly (I hope, at least :/ )
Honestly, I read a couple of hours ago about the multi update, but I would never have thought it could have been related to my ram upgrade issue ?(
I think it would be useful to stick this info in the multi thread, because someone could be in my same situation (my "non-updated multi" was working fine before I tried upgrading the ram adding one more DDR stick in slot 2). What do you think?

Thanks again for your help Niko!

Back