What's new
Get your bare PCB's off the carpet!! =O =O =O

** Also: Hot damn, I think I'm going to have to get 2 of these now! (just don't send me the ones that were running on the carpet. :P)

Looking great!
Thanks for all your efforts!
I’d be in for one as well

Behold!!! I present to you Attract Mode/MAME running on an Egret II MS9 monitor.

JAMMAizerAttractMode.jpg

I have here a cheap MAME PC with a CRT Emu enabled Radeon HD7350 card. It is outputting a 15khz signal at 0.7vpp. But as you can see, JAMMAizer is amping the RGB levels nicely. Notice how high the whites are (contrast) and how dark the blacks are (brightness). Yet, you can still see the gradient detail in that psuedo-Viewlix image's left arm. You can also see the the wallpaper in the background. Some of you have heard me say, I feel the J-Pac's amp is outdated and produces an image that lacks contrast and that I feel the THS-seriers amps do a better job at amping 15khz RGB than the amp that Ultimarc uses. Here is proof.

JAMMAizer is going to work just fine for MAME-to-JAMMA cab application fellas.

I can help with testing too, but my set-up is similar to Franks. NAC and all consoles. I do have your equally slick EZ Cthulhu’s I can install, and all the RJ45 cables for my systems...
Do you ever make it out to the East or South Bay Area? I was wondering if you could loan some consoles and SCART cables so I can do testing with those. I only have PS1, PS2, Dreamcast, and Saturn.

I should have my test unit shortly. I’ll be able to test with Mega Drive, SNES, NES, etc.

OK, go ahead and laugh, but I'm going to ask this anyway...

Will this support the Atari 2600 or any of the old school consoles, and if not, how hard would it be to add support for that?

:D

Will this support the Atari 2600 or any of the old school consoles, and if not, how hard would it be to add support for that?

You would start by modding your Atari 2600 for RGB, then simply wiring up the controls :)

You would start by modding your Atari 2600 for RGB, then simply wiring up the controls :)
I will check into that.

By the way, for any Atari 2600 owners out there who don't know about the Harmony Multi-Cart check it out!

I would say, in the short term, the answer is no. But that should quickly change to yes.

With some modding on the source side, it should be able to handle any 15khz RGB video source and any analog mono or stereo source (EDIT: line level). But the reason I say in the short term, the answer is no is because controls would be missing.
  • Video - You'll need to RGB mod the 2600 (and/or any source you plan on connecting) and terminate the video output to a D-Sub 15 connector. Then use a VGA cable to connect to JAMMAizer's VGA hat
  • Audio - Since the console is mono, I would terminate the audio output to a stero 3.5mm jack, with the same mono signal going to both stereo channels. Then connect audio with a standard 3.5mm audio cable to the VGA hat.
As for controls, since there is the 2x10 MC header and most of the older consoles had one copper channel per input, you would just need to hack up the controller cable (or an extension cable). In theory, you could wire the inputs to the 2x10 header. But that wouldn't be elegant. The missing piece would be a needed bare PCB that accepts input from screw terminals and/or JST header. I mentioned in this previous post. Pretty sure Arthimus heard the message about other inputs. He hinted at it in his last video.

Controls wouldn't be far off though @brentradio, not with the speed Arthimus is moving at and the graciousness he is willing to extend regarding input from us.

Last edited:
An input PCB with screw terminals for padhacks that the MC controller PCBs don't support has always been in the plan. It will be a very simple addition to the project, so I haven't worked on it yet. I'm trying to get the difficult stuff done first.

Do you have the intention to develop a Component Input Hat in order to play gamecube games on 31khz?

I've been looking into options for component input. Unfortunately there don't appear to be any simple solutions to translate YUV to RGB color space. All the methods I've seen so far require multiple opamps and a separate power supply that provides positive and negative power rails. Lots of board realestate would be needed for any of these solutions. I'm not ruling it out but it's not likely to be happening any time soon.

I see... Apart from that, it would be awesome to hook up the X68000 and play games with MIDI on stereo through VGA. It will be possible to create a RJ45 for the MSX port standard?

I want definitely one. Add me on the next batch plkease.
One question about the controller, mcthullu needed? Or I can use my hackpad PS2 to connect direct on my console (NB: I use jammafier and NNC).

I took a few minutes to put this padhack PCB together. You simply wire your padhack to the screw terminals and wrap the wires around the back using the cutout above the screw terminals. You could attach your controller PCB to the back of the EZ padhack PCB with a foam adhesive pad. The cutouts on the right of the PCB are meant to let you zip tie your controller cable in place.

zh9iJj6.jpg

I see... Apart from that, it would be awesome to hook up the X68000 and play games with MIDI on stereo through VGA. It will be possible to create a RJ45 for the MSX port standard?
You could use the EZ PADHACK PCB and wire up a DB9 cable according to this pinout.

740px-MSX_Joystick_Schematic_Circuit.png

Last edited:
Back