What's new
^ This is a good compromise for the systems that aren’t supported by the MCC or Brook boards.

Awesome stuff , this is shaping up very nicely, gonna have to get 2 of these for sure.

Put me on the list for the jammaizer, the VGA hat and the padhack PCB

Nice 2 x padhack PCB (1 for each player). another question what's frequency output from jammaizer for 31 khz input via VGA hat? JAMMA 15khz output only?

31khz input = 31khz output. The VGA hat doesn't do any up or down samplin, it just passes the video signal to the amp then to the JAMMA edge. If you are using a 31khz source you need to have a monitor that can accept 31khz through JAMMA.

VGA/Jamma/ whatever is just a connector type, doesn’t necessarily mean a defined output standard...

Also a Atomiswave system can output 31KHz over the Jamma edge if you flip the dip that controls resolution, but it also has a VGA port next to it, which can also output 15KHz if you have the dip in the correct setting.
Same goes for Namco System 12 games, they have Jamma edge, but also a full set of JVS connections (VGA, RCA, Power, and USB/JVS style for controls), but the system is limited to 15KHz no matter which connection you use.

But technically my reply above is not 100% correct, as VGA is a video standard, but people commonly call every HD15 connector a VGA connector.
So VGA = video standard
HD15 = connector type

Makes sense?

I've been looking into options for component input. Unfortunately there don't appear to be any simple solutions to translate YUV to RGB color space. All the methods I've seen so far require multiple opamps and a separate power supply that provides positive and negative power rails. Lots of board realestate would be needed for any of these solutions. I'm not ruling it out but it's not likely to be happening any time soon.
Heh. Looks like you won't have to. $50 price point.

https://www.retrorgb.com/new-component-to-rgb-converter-announced.html

Got my Jammaizer prototype in the post today and put it through some rigorous testing / game playing tonight. It's friggin' awesome, and this is just the early version, I'm really looking forward to the new / final revision: Respect to @Arthrimus who really outdid himself with this, it comes with my highest recommendation.

The quality is top notch, the matte black looks great and everything works a treat. I got two of the MC Cthulhu boards which plug and play just fine, I recommend this route if you haven't got adapters already as they not only look the part, they just work. I've had issues with other controller adapters, but this one hasn't thrown me any major problems... it autoswitches to the consoles I tested automatically. Actually, the only issue I ran into is that God Hand wouldn't accept any input, a controller plugged into the PS2 worked fine, I'm assuming that game has forced analog?

I didn't need to adjust the RGB pots at all from what they were set at. The audio can get pretty loud out of the console / RGB cables, so I kept it low and cranked up the volume in my cab.

Everything tested on an New Astro City with a Nanao MS9 monitor with RGC Scart cables, CPS-2 Kick Harness, Saturn with a Rhea, PS1 with a PS-IO and PS2 with FreeMcBoot/OPL and a HDD Adapter. There's practically no load on the PSU whatsoever. I came in at about 5.18v when I first plugged it in and adjusted it down, for reference my PSU is set to be at 5.1 with a Cave CV-1000 PCB plugged in.

I guess I'll let the photos do the rest of the talking, this is a majority of the games I played through thus far. I'll run some other consoles through it over the weekend and test it out on some other monitors / the Sentinel Supergun, but I honestly don't for see any issues. Hats off again to Arthrimus for this!

jammaizer1.JPG

jammaizer2.JPG

saturn-1.JPG

saturn-2.JPG

ps1.JPG

ps2.JPG

Back