What's new
Dam i need one of these, is interest being done here or will there be a different thread?

did you make special MC Cthulhu pcbs for this - the ones i found online look different?

this looks amazing, i need one with 2 MC Cthulhu boards

really great work! :thumbup:

@MoppelTheWhale -- the MC Cthulhu boards I have are the ones made by @Arthrimus - you can order them from his website.

@ekorz -- My chips came with the boards, I had asked Arthrimus to get them from Paradise for me. When I asked him, they were still in stock. Did you try to message them to see if they'll get more in?

@nonosto -- will see what I can do re: Dreamcast and VGA. I'm in the process of buying a Blast City at the moment :)

@djsheep no, just subscribed on the “notify me” link. I’ll shot them a note... it’s literally just programming a PIC so maybe he’s just out of them

Yep, hopefully he won’t be out of stock for long... I wonder if @Arthrimus would be able to source some and offer them?

Yep, hopefully he won’t be out of stock for long... I wonder if @Arthrimus would be able to source some and offer them?
I wish I could, but apparently Paradise Arcade gets them already programmed directly from the creator of the MC Cthulhu, "Toodles". He's fallen off the face of the earth as far as I can tell and I'm not aware of anyone who knows how to get in contact with him aside from Paradise Arcade. Hopefully they bring the upgrade kits back in stock. I'll send them a message explaining what we need them for and see if we can work something out.

Dam i need one of these, is interest being done here or will there be a different thread?
I have been tracking this thread for interest and put together a list, you are on it. I will be creating an official preorder thread once the design is fully finalized and tested. With all of the feedback I've gotten from testers so far, I think I've made the final changes that will be needed before going into production. The only thing I'm waiting for at this point is the button remapping chips from @RGB so I can test that functionality. Once I receive those and everything checks out I'll officially start preorders. This should be done within the next 2 weeks.

Last edited:
I wish I could, but apparently Paradise Arcade gets them already programmed directly from the creator of the MC Cthulhu, "Toodles". He's fallen off the face of the earth as far as I can tell and I'm not aware of anyone who knows how to get in contact with him aside from Paradise Arcade. Hopefully they bring the upgrade kits back in stock. I'll send them a message explaining what we need them for and see if we can work something out.
Perhaps the contents could be dumped, so that others can just burn their own.

They might be socketed on these.. seems a bit of a waste but I think I have two in my parts stash already! I’ll check in the next few days

https://paradisearcadeshop.com/home.../1828_mc-cthulhu-multi-console-pcb-by-toodles

Worse case, Brooks retro board I guess.

As for dumping the toodles chip, I’m sure he locked it so it’s not like an eprom reader would do the job. And I’d hate to actually do that when he might (should!) pop up and sell them again.

Last edited:
The firmware upgrade was out there somewhere. I might have it on one of my drives. As for the chip, it is just a standard PIC chip.

The firmware isn't the problem, it's the custom bootloader that Toodles wrote for the PIC. As far as I know it's not available anywhere and all the MC Cthulhu chips I've encountered are read protected so you can't dump them. In any case I'm not interested in discussing the idea of bootlegging Mc Cthulhu chips in this thread. As I said before I will contact Paradise Arcade and see if we can work out the availability of the bare chips. That should suffice for our purposes.

No pre-orders yet. I've still got some things to finalize before I open them.
With the dreamcast we will not be able to save the progess because we will lack the VMU. It will be possible to add a small memory on the board?
Something similar to the brook super converter: PS3/PS4 to dreamcast Adapter does?
Thx

With the dreamcast we will not be able to save the progess because we will lack the VMU. It will be possible to add a small memory on the board?Something similar to the brook super converter: PS3/PS4 to dreamcast Adapter does?
Thx
nothing's stopping you from connecting a DC controller with VMU to port 3 or 4 for saving.

With the dreamcast we will not be able to save the progess because we will lack the VMU. It will be possible to add a small memory on the board?Something similar to the brook super converter: PS3/PS4 to dreamcast Adapter does?Thx
nothing's stopping you from connecting a DC controller with VMU to port 3 or 4 for saving.
I know. but I think that it wouldn´t be hard to implement. And it is something that would come in handy.

With the dreamcast we will not be able to save the progess because we will lack the VMU. It will be possible to add a small memory on the board?Something similar to the brook super converter: PS3/PS4 to dreamcast Adapter does?Thx
I know. but I think that it wouldn´t be hard to implement. And it is something that would come in handy.
That's what the EZ Pad Hack is for. Asking for further integration for DC saves is a waste of effort; totally goes against JAMMAizer's spirit of design, IMO.

I think your perspective on what would or would not be hard to implement is a bit skewed. Something like that is well outside of the scope of this project. I wouldn't even know where to begin implementing a feature like that. A controller plugged into the 3rd or 4th controller port is the common method for saving when using MC Cthulhus on Dreamcast.

Back