What's new
Best way to play Einhander is on a cab bruh. JAMMAizer's button mapper function will make it easy for you to get confortable with it.

I know, I know. You **could** remap. But there are just too many buttons needed that a standard 6-button fighting game layout can't support .
You've got:

Square - Arm 1 (fire machine gun)
X - Arm 2 (fire Gunpod)
R1 - move manipulator
R2 - speed up
L2 - speed down
Circle - Gunpod Select (right)
L1 - Gunpod Select (left)

That's 7! Though, you could probably get by with one Gunpod Selection button but i can't remember if you press the one Gunpod selection repeatedly, if it cycles through the selections.

Then there's the question of all of this being pretty cramped on the CP with the standard fighting game buttons.

If I loved the game more, I would try to put a custom panel together for it. One that spaces out the buttons from a 6-button layout and try to come up with a layout that would feel ergonomic for this game.

I'm running 7 buttons on my vewlix since the holes were there. I think the gunpod cycles.

If I loved the game more, I would try to put a custom panel together for it. One that spaces out the buttons from a 6-button layout and try to come up with a layout that would feel ergonomic for this game.
I'm running 7 buttons on my vewlix since the holes were there. I think the gunpod cycles.
I know it would be a silly looking hack job, but using foot peddles is an option without replacing a CP.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B017BNRCHC/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I use two for Quake champions and other PC shooters. Saves from hand cramps since you dont have to move your hand as much. I've used 4 at once for RTS games. Takes a little time to get the muscle memory down. Once you fumble your way through learning to use your feet, it's hard to go back to not having foot peddles.

For reals. The whole concept of console-to-arcade-cab is ridiculed by some. I think they miss the point.
This project doesn't take away from cabs. It adds TV input functionality to a cab. It's a space saver and a cost effective way to play games without paying any inflated secondary market cost. It makes these games playable on home cabs in a more cost effective way. It's a approachability argument.

I was considering buying a BVM becasue I'm loosing the competitive F5ing on craigslist. Really the Jammerizer is much better, juxtapose with a 20inch BVM. Jammerizer+cab and you don't need to buy a old tube tv for home consoles and have a cab for arcade games. You get both in one unit. You could buy two cabs for the price of a BVM. If someone is in a apartment and wants a cab and a BVM, the Jammerizer+cab is a better space saving and cost effective option.

TqbSBqV.png

You can use the controllers for the home consoles. You dont have to use the CP if you don't want to.

Some other games to consider

Raystorm
Raycrisis
thunder force V
thunder force VI
Night raid

Gunners Heaven - CP controls may be awkward
Tobal 1,2
vib-ribbon
Incredible Crisis - the OG PCB is not really needed. The PSX game is fine
Just about any of the rhythm games

Dragon ball GT PSX
Gundam: Battle Assault 1-3
Dead or alive 3
Dead or alive 4 (more of a 720p game. Vewlix Console I/O project)
Street fighter 3rd strike on Xbox360 is cost effective

Psychic Force 2012 is a odd PCB. a DC would be a space saver
The King of Fighters '98 Ultimate Match / cost effective
The King of Fighters 2002 Unlimited Match / cost effective
Tatsunoko vs. Capcom: Ultimate All-Stars on wii is arguably final REV.

Someone mentioned character saves in MvC2
Tekken 4 needs a dedicated 246 if your using a 256 for everything else.
Setting up 4 player Naomi/DC games is probably easier just using a DC and jammarizer.
Just about every PSX game before the implementation of analog sticks, 98' ?

The Bad

Instant brain's version of Dodonpachi is not the best.

DDP DOJ on 360 is unplayable IMHO. It's a port of the PS2 version and load times brake the game. Even with the patch. It takes 2 minuets of loading to quit game and restart your run. Hard game, not everyone is going to want to play it anyway.

other than that the CAVE games are all fine.

Last edited:
@MissionFailed some nice ideas for sure. I'm scheming on a good way to implement 4p Dreamcast games, as I'm not trying to wire up a Naomi on the same machine(s) nor am I looking to buy boards for stuff like Blitz and Showtime. This should be a nice alternative for those types of games.

You menitioned TvC on Wii...is there an RGB SCART option available for the Wii? Never considered anything like that for this generation of console.

A cool bonus I discovered recently: was able to play PS2 Time Crisis 3 on my Astro City with a Guncon 2 via SCART RGB w/composite pigtail cable for the gun attachment. The cable is sold by Retro Access if anyone else is interested in setting up something similar.

Can I get added back onto the list, or is this generally available now?

PAL Gamecube outputs SCART RGB natively. The issue is what multi board works with Wii controls?

Mc Cthulhu boards support GameCube, so if a Wii game has GameCube controller support it should work no problem.

I never knew, time to hunt down some GameCube cables and get cracking on some Tatsunoko... finally a (rare) instance where a PAL console is superior over the NTSC/J equivalents.

The issue is what multi board works with Wii controls?
what about a gamecube to ps2 controller adapter? For if your running a xbox360/ps3/wii setup?
http://www.suntekstore.com/goods-10...on2_ps2_controller_to_gamecube_wii_black.html
disimage.php

Wii + citrus 3k hdmi + Vewlix Console I/O would be a nice set up. Could get your X360/ps3/wii playable on one cab. If that was someone's preferred setup.

Gamecube Controller Adapter + Wii U + Vewlix Console I/O would work as well. no HDMI mod needed.

Last edited:
You menitioned TvC on Wii...is there an RGB SCART option available for the Wii?
https://shop.dansprojects.com/wiidual-kit-pre-order.html
Yikes that's more work than I care to do for one fighting game. Think I'll throw that into a LCD cab and call it a day. That way can also preserve widescreen, which I'm pretty sure is how TvC was designed for in the first place.

Can confirm that Gamecube ports and controllers will work for this game. It's how I played it years ago upon release (via PS2 to Gamecube adapter).

You can softmod a Wii and switch regions on it to get it to output in PAL RGB mode. Then get an aftermarket SCART cable to plug it into a JAMMAizer. MC Cthulhu can be used for controls if you have Wii with Gamecube ports (not all do).

I am feeling a little dumb tonight...

I see that paradise shop has the MC Cthulu "upgrade" chips available now for $15 - I assume I can get these, and get the MC Cthulu EZ Upgrade PCB from @Arthrimus.

*edit* - they don't have the chips for $15, but the full board for $35 - https://paradisearcadeshop.com/home...hulhu-multi-console-pcb-by-toodles?ipa=0&ins=

Where do I get the RJ45 to console cables? I see over on Jasen's - they have some for the Brooks board - are they the same?

https://jasenscustoms.com/products/brook-retro-board

That puts it at the same cost as just getting a Brooks Retro Board - is there any difference? Is the MC Cthulu preferred over the Brooks Retro Board?

Matt

Thanks @djsheep - i went ahead and ordered the brooks retro board (2 of them).

@Arthrimus - so I don't have to sit around all day starting at my computer and refreshing - can you let us know when the preorder page will open today? Thanks!

Back