What's new
Controls on my JAMMAizer stopped working. Done all the standard connection troubleshooting. Is it possible the button mapper took a dive, perhaps shorted out? Anything I can do to troubleshoot?

Controls on my JAMMAizer stopped working. Done all the standard connection troubleshooting. Is it possible the button mapper took a dive, perhaps shorted out? Anything I can do to troubleshoot?
does your buttons seem like their stuck on autofire? my new has did that and I have to send it back for repair.

No. Controls just stopped working all together. But..........

I do have the prototype still and it doesn't have RGB's chip. With the proto, I am getting flaky controls rather than no controls. I am thinking it is the RJ-45 cables. Going to squeeze the pins on the jack down again with the crimpers and perhaps even reterminate them. Then try again in the production JAMMAizer.

On that subject, anyone know a good source/brand for console cables? These ones I got from Akishops with the PS360+'s like 7 years ago seem to suck all kinds of balls.

Figured it out. I nudged the CHAMMA switch part way to ON somehow with the production board. Had the it on all the way on the proto board when testing it on another cab. All is well now.

Been so busy, haven't touched JAMMAizer till now. But Super Bowl weekend is here. Gotta get it going.

Hey, @Arthrimus just checking in. The Vewlix IO is working excellently and I'm anticipating a Jammaizer in this next batch.

Is everything going ok with assembly?

I am waiting for a couple of components to arrive that I think are being delayed by the coronavirus outbreak. I'm not sure when they will arrive because of this. I'm really hoping things start moving again in the next few days, but it's hard to say yet.

Anyone successfully get the Xbox 360 to produce a stable image via SCART cable->JAMMAizer->standard res CRT yet? Trying to get work on my MS9, all I get is a scrambled signal.

Anyone successfully get the Xbox 360 to produce a stable image via SCART cable->JAMMAizer->standard res CRT yet? Trying to get work on my MS9, all I get is a scrambled signal.
Can you take a picture so I can see the video signal?

Got it working via a Jammacon on an MS9 so would expect it to work with a JAMMAizer as well. Are you using the official MS cable?

Can you take a picture so I can see the video signal?
I'll do that shortly. Right now, it looks like Picasso's The Starry Night, but with greens and whites instead of blues and blacks.
Got it working via a Jammacon on an MS9 so would expect it to work with a JAMMAizer as well. Are you using the official MS cable?
Yeah, it is the official Microsoft SCART cable. It is a US NTSC Xbox 360. I also tried connecting it with the Microsoft VGA cable through the VGA hat but get the same exact image. I orderd the MS AV cable. Will connect that via composite (or component) video to a TV hoping activate 480i. Another thing I can do is connect via SCART and the Sync Strike to my NNC. The Sanwa PFX in the NNC supports both 480i and 480p. So hoping in the system settings, 480i becomes selectable once connected to the NNC. Weird that it is not defaulting to 480i, or at least that is what I think the problem is.

This Xbox 360 was JTAG modded before. But that shouldn't do anything. I haven't touched this thing in years. Wonder if I need to be at a particular firmware revision to have 480i via SCART.

The one I tested is JTAG modded as well, also tried an OG one, both PAL though but shouldn't matter...

All my Xbox 360 consoles connect just fine at 480i to the JAMMAizer!, I'm using a legit cable.

I'm in the PAL region also, but both my consoles are RGH. Perhaps support for the cable is limited to the PAL region given it was made for UK Scart originally?

With a 360 you have to put it in 480i mode via the system settings

Can't access the system settings to put in 480i mode with a scramled screen though. Will try with the AV cable and the NNC and report back.

on blast and nac , with scart cable to jammaizer, tried both japanese and pal x360 - getting 480i picture without any problems - monitors running in 15khz setting

on blast and nac , with scart cable to jammaizer, tried both japanese and pal x360 - getting 480i picture without any problems - monitors running in 15khz setting
Weird. I'd expect it to default to 480i ouput with a SCART cable plugged in too.

I am going to update the consoles firmware and see where it goes.

a little word about adjusting the output impedance. this is a killer apps, after decrease the RGB impedance I succes to have a very nice picture. If I good understanding the signal amplication good perfect. One question I decrease strongly could be dangerous for my chassis? So my setting on my chassis is bad I must improve it but with this sadly set I have a very nice picture.

Arcade video impedence is anywhere from 1Vpp-to-5Vpp depending on arcade board as JAMMA video never had a set standard. Shouldn't hurt your chassis as long as you are in that range. Decreasing impedence should have the ancillary benefit of prolonging your tube's life however.

Back