What's new
Good new for everyone who ordered JAMMAizers last month. It looks like the last remaining parts I had ordered are finally on the move and I should have them by the middle of next week. This means I can hopefully have all orders completed and shipped by the end of next week.

Looks like I barely missed the window, is there going to be a third batch made?

Hey, great news everyone. I've just received the last few parts I was waiting for to assemble the January pre-orders for the Console JAMMAizer! This means that I will be assembling and shipping these orders over the course of the next week. We're in the home stretch now!

This is a very cool project. I remember the days when guys were modifying there consoles for Jamma particularly the Snes and Genesis. Now they don't have to. SOR2 and Iron Commando are made to be played on a arcade cabinet. Hope everything works out. Would love to pick one up but have some other things I want to get first and funds are limited.

JAMMAizer users: has anyone encountered an issue where if you’re hold a diagonal on either P1 or P2, then press a button, the jammaizer triggers the start button, or locks up controls?

I just finally got around to hooking it up to my NAC, and connected my Saturn to play Cotton. Whenever I’m moving in a diagonal and press a button, the game pauses as if I hit start.If I do the same inputs on the Street Fighter collection, during SSF2X, my character locks up till I release and hit another input.
This happens on SNES as well. Playing U.N.Squadron, when I'm moving diagonally, press a button, my ship stops in it's tracks and doesn't start moving again till I've let go of pressing all controls.

I have not done anything to the JAMMAizer settings other than reset the auto fire on both players.
I’ve also confirmed my RJ45 cables to the EZ Cthulhu boards are good -- I've built 100's of these cables and sold them to people across various forums. Pinouts are correct, good continuity on each pin.

Everything has been reseated -- all connections, both MC Cthulhu boards, the MC Cthulhu chip on both boards. I've made sure my JAMMA connector is lined up properly and double-checked the CP wiring, nothing looks out of place.

I can't figure out why the joystick diagonals + a button press is causing the controls to lock-up. It sounds like a grounding issue, but where? On the JAMMAizer, or on the Cthuhlu boards?

When I replace the JAMMAizer with an arcade board this problem doesn't show up, so it's for sure something going on with the JAMMAizer.

Any suggestions to try is appreciated.

With one exception (you know who you are) all of January's pre-orders have been assembled, tested, packed, and shipped. I am so glad to have this round done and I deeply apologize for the delays. I'm sure it goes without saying, but some unexpected supply chain issues pushed this out way longer than expected. With that being said I also share in the blame, because some of the components that I thought I already had on hand before starting the pre-order, I actually did not have. This meant I was ordering components with long lead times later than expected, and combined with recent world events it became a huge delay. Before I open another round of pre-orders I am going to make sure that all non domestically sourced components are in my possession prior to accepting any payments.

Thanks for your patience everyone, and I hope you all enjoy your new toys!

JAMMAizer users: has anyone encountered an issue where if you’re hold a diagonal on either P1 or P2, then press a button, the jammaizer triggers the start button, or locks up controls?
For what it's worth I don't have this issue but I tried to replicate it. I just tested the Saturn with Cotton 2 and everything works fine. I tried using both my Cthulu boards and the Retrobard and it works perfectly with each. I'm not sure where the problem could be.

For what it's worth I don't have this issue but I tried to replicate it. I just tested the Saturn with Cotton 2 and everything works fine. I tried using both my Cthulu boards and the Retrobard and it works perfectly with each. I'm not sure where the problem could be.
Thanks for checking. At this point we’re both stumped, so I’m going to be sending this back to Arthrimus to debug on his end.

I’ll post what comes out of this.

Hey @Arthrimus

My unit came with a header block on the pins where the retroboard plugs in - I assume I just pull that off right? I want to make sure before I pull really hard...

Thanks,

Matt

I'm not sure what you are talking about. There is no block on the header. It's a female header meant to connect to the male pins of the Brook board. Did you get your retro board from Jasen's Customs?

Attachments

• IMG_1640.jpg
    IMG_1640.jpg
    557.3 KB · Views: 168
Ok. Jasen puts a female header on his Retro Boards so they can be stacked with other brook boards using the male to male header that he includes with the retro board. To connect that Retro Board to the Console JAMMAizer you need to place the male to male header inbetween the Retro Board and the JAMMAizer.

Ok. Jasen puts a female header on his Retro Boards so they can be stacked with other brook boards using the male to male header that he includes with the retro board. To connect that Retro Board to the Console JAMMAizer you need to place the male to male header inbetween the Retro Board and the JAMMAizer.
Well of course - I should have looked at whatever else was in the box!!!! Let me figure out what size spacer i need now.

Back