What's new
Oops, I purchased the full McCthulu kit. Oh well, multi purpose I guess.

What does this chip do allow you to play ps3?
I think there was an older version of the MC Cthulhu that only supported PS3? Or had more limited console support. I’m having a hard time recollecting.
this listing on paradise is targeting customers with those old MC Cthulhu’s

What does this chip do allow you to play ps3?
I think there was an older version of the MC Cthulhu that only supported PS3? Or had more limited console support. I’m having a hard time recollecting. this listing on paradise is targeting customers with those old MC Cthulhu’s
yes, the early versions where even call PS3 Chtulhu, hence this PS3 Cthulhu to MC Cthulhu upgrade kit :)

Thanks. Just received it earlier today. Can't test it right now unfortunately.

After my cables arrive from Jasen for some of my consoles, I can fully test this guy out! Video/sound all work great though! :)

I finally got around to testing with my Playstation. The MC Cthulhu EZ Upgrade PCBs made it very simple. Great work @Arthrimus

Attachments

• B65C8FD4-4ABE-4202-9DE4-3B37F95E85BE.jpeg
    B65C8FD4-4ABE-4202-9DE4-3B37F95E85BE.jpeg
    50.3 KB · Views: 170
I just wanted to close-the-loop on this issue I was having:

JAMMAizer users: has anyone encountered an issue where if you’re hold a diagonal on either P1 or P2, then press a button, the jammaizer triggers the start button, or locks up controls?

I just finally got around to hooking it up to my NAC, and connected my Saturn to play Cotton. Whenever I’m moving in a diagonal and press a button, the game pauses as if I hit start.If I do the same inputs on the Street Fighter collection, during SSF2X, my character locks up till I release and hit another input.
This happens on SNES as well. Playing U.N.Squadron, when I'm moving diagonally, press a button, my ship stops in it's tracks and doesn't start moving again till I've let go of pressing all controls.

I have not done anything to the JAMMAizer settings other than reset the auto fire on both players.
I’ve also confirmed my RJ45 cables to the EZ Cthulhu boards are good -- I've built 100's of these cables and sold them to people across various forums. Pinouts are correct, good continuity on each pin.

Everything has been reseated -- all connections, both MC Cthulhu boards, the MC Cthulhu chip on both boards. I've made sure my JAMMA connector is lined up properly and double-checked the CP wiring, nothing looks out of place.

I can't figure out why the joystick diagonals + a button press is causing the controls to lock-up. It sounds like a grounding issue, but where? On the JAMMAizer, or on the Cthuhlu boards?

When I replace the JAMMAizer with an arcade board this problem doesn't show up, so it's for sure something going on with the JAMMAizer.

Any suggestions to try is appreciated.
Turns out the JAMMAizer itself is fine, it was the MC Cthulhu EZ PCBs that was the problem.

See the explanation here:
Arthrimus' said:
There are pull up resistor arrays on the PCB that pull all of the inputs high so they don't pick up random/erratic inputs. It turns out that I installed the resistor arrays backwards on your boards, which caused some of the inputs to be linked together in such a way that certain button combinations trigger random button presses. It seems like when you hit a diagonal it triggers the home button, which causes the MC Cthulhu to drop out momentarily when not connected through USB.

I flipped the resistor arrays to the correct orientation and now everything is working as expected.
Thank goodness it was a straight-forward fix. I was really concerned that there was something with my set-up.

I would suggest if anyone is having issues with their hardware, to send Arthrimus detailed pictures of your gear first before sending stuff back to him to troubleshoot. A lot of time could have been saved if I sent Arthrimus pictures of my boards, I'm sure he would have spotted it right away and I could have flipped those resistors myself. Maybe not, but I feel it's just good practice to get as much information to him before resorting to more drastic measures. ;)

I'm sure my issue was totally isolated to my boards. I jumped in on the early bunch of JAMMAizers that went out, and in any situation of our beloved hobbiest device creators, sometimes life and busy schedules cause things to be overlooked or mistakes happen. It's the nature of the beast! Best thing to do is stay calm, positive, and have patience that these things will get sorted out.

:thumbup:

I'd like to add that the problem with @opt2not 's MC Cthulhu PCBs can only happen on the first generation version of the MC Cthulhu EZ PCB. At that time I used through hole resistor arrays which have a specific polarity. There where only 20 of these made, and I have not had anyone else report this issue. All MC Cthulhu EZ PCBs produced after that first 20 have been switched to using surface mount resistor arrays which can not be installed in the wrong orientation, therefore I do not expect anyone else to have this problem.

If anyone’s interested, I’m going to do a short stream today at 2:30pm PST (1 hour from now) running a JAMMAIZER in my NAC.
Gonna play some SNES and NES, maybe PC-Engine if there’s time.

https://m.twitch.tv/gillaxian

At the moment I haven't decided. My supply chain has been so uncertain lately that I can't confidently say when I will receive the necessary parts for another round. Once I do have everything I need I will announce it here.

I’m happy to report the Jammaizer paired very well with my Mister FPGA and 2-player Blast City cab. I currently use the McCthulu EZ-PCB for controls. Specifically, I have some Playstation cables going to USB converters to connect to the Mister. I might experiment with the Brook boards in the future.

I’m happy to report the Jammaizer paired very well with my Mister FPGA and 2-player Blast City cab. I currently use the McCthulu EZ-PCB for controls. Specifically, I have some Playstation cables going to USB converters to connect to the Mister. I might experiment with the Brook boards in the future.
I was thinking about using Mister with the Jammaizer. I wanted to be sure I could use all the arcade cores with SNAC. Do you happen to know if most of those have the snac option? Slightly off topic

I was thinking about using Mister with the Jammaizer. I wanted to be sure I could use all the arcade cores with SNAC. Do you happen to know if most of those have the snac option? Slightly off topic
I’m reading NES and SNES only for SNAC, but I haven’t personally tried it.

https://github.com/MiSTer-devel/Main_MiSTer/wiki/User-Port-(Serial-IO)

Back