What's new
Post a picture of the cab. Specifically the monitor, so we can go over some options.

Post a picture of the cab. Specifically the monitor, so we can go over some options.
@BroadwayJose It’s a 27” VGA monitor. Hopefully the attached Info on the image helps. Also, don’t mean to get off topic here so feel free to shoot me a PM if you feel that it’s an appropriate answer to message. Thank you in advance!

Attachments

• 8BF28E56-A4FA-4096-B4F0-8FEA2284D990.jpeg
    8BF28E56-A4FA-4096-B4F0-8FEA2284D990.jpeg
    421.2 KB · Views: 149
Your monitor should be able to support PS3 & Xbox 360 natively. Get VGA cables for each console and a VGA switch box, you should be set. Brook Retro board doesn't support 360, so you'll need something else for that console.

Jammaizer probably isn't for what you're looking to do initially since it's really designed for 15khz RGB. That means older consoles, generally speaking PS2 and older. Plus your monitor may or may not be able to support that signal directly anyway. You'll need to find out what exactly you're working with in that cabinet. Worst case, there's still plenty of ways to make it work on a VGA monitor but for now if all you want to do is play PS3/360, you won't need to worry about that.

@Srkmagnus, given your cab, desired consoles to connect, and you desire the option to add other consoles in the future, JAMMAizer isn't for you at all. But this is achieveable provided you accept manual switching is involved.

But this needs a separate thread to round out the discussion.

Regarding the JAMMAizer, anybody know a convenient way to tap the 5v rail to power to power a device like the Mister?
Arthrimus left test points on the JAMMAizer so that you can tap 5vdc. Also, there is the EXT_IN port that the VGA Hat connects to. A perfect spot to pipe in RGB video and line level stereo. Just need a daughterboard for MiSTer and away you go.

Quick announcement, next month I plan to do another run of Console JAMMAizers. This time instead of pre-orders I am going to have all of the parts on hand in advance so you can simply order one and have it assembled and shipped within a few days. As a result I will be doing a smaller run of only 10 units, but I hope to be able to do small batches like this several times a year if there is enough demand. Pre-orders are stressful for me, and I feel that the potential for delays create a bad experience for the buyer as well so I am going to try to avoid doing them in the future. I will update this thread again when I'm ready to start selling them.

Last edited:
Great news Arthrimus. I hope all is well with you. Hopefully I can scoop one up next month.

@meybarra, Those test points for +5vdc I was telling you about are just just above the red capacitor in the below pic. There another set of test points for +5vdc to the left of the red capacitor.

So if Arthrimus or anyone else ever wants to take on a MiSTer daughter board project, all the infrastructure is in place. Remove VGA hat and replace with MiSTer daughterboard to pipe in 15khz video and line level stereo. JAMMAizer then pipes amped A/V to JAMMA edge. Controls are already accounted for. Just need really short RJ45-to-USB cables. Then power can be tapped into from test points on JAMMAizer. You can create the same such daughterboard for a Rasberry Pi.

That is why JAMMAizer kicks so much ass and made me express these words earlier:
Of all the features of JAMMAizer, the feature that is going to allow for the biggest latent possibilities is the VGA hat/EXT_IN port.
Console-JAMMAizer-Production-1.jpg

Damn, would be amazing if a hat could be purchased to switch over to a MiSTer, hopefully @Arthrimus explores this :)

Damn, would be amazing if a hat could be purchased to switch over to a MiSTer, hopefully @Arthrimus explores this :)
I am not even a MiSTer owner or user, but it would be awesome! Anyone else could explore this as well.

Maybe even redesign the EZ MC Cthulhu so that there is a pin header for USB. Daughterboard could just connect over the EXT_IN and the USB header. Eliminates external VGA cable, external audio cable, external RJ45-to-USB cables. Might even be able to tap 5vdc from the 2x10 MC header and not need to use test points which would require the user to do some soldering to JAMMAizer. Who knows. Would be the go-to board to get for MiSTer, consoles, maybe even RPi users.

No MiSTer here yet either, but definitely looking to get one. I like the idea of using the JAMMAizer with it for the simple fact it’s made by someone in the community and well tested on actual cabs (audio, video and controls work and it’s all at correct levels)

Am unsure how well tested the other device is, judging from the creators Twitter post, it’s still early stages.

Hey @Arthrimus, got around to finally testing the AV Famicom with the JAMMAizer/EZ MC Cthulhu combo. As expected, beatuiful picture and sound, however I am having some issue with the controllers?

I have to re-turn the cab PSU on/off after the console is on to get the controllers working. Not a big deal, but I am also stuck without a Select button and Rapid Fire is turned on automatically, making games like Mega Man unplayable. I'm sure it's something I'm doing wrong on my end, please let me know, and thanks!

NES.JPG

NES2.JPG

Back