What's new
since there are screw terminals on the MC Cthuhlu EZ PCB can I screw in wires from pads I already have hacked and soldered and not use a MC Cthuhlu chip?

since there are screw terminals on the MC Cthuhlu EZ PCB can I screw in wires from pads I already have hacked and soldered and not use a MC Cthuhlu chip?
Doesn't worth that way. But you can terminate your pad hacks to a 2x10 pin row. Then plug it into the 2x10 pin header on the JAMMAizer. Or just wait till the pack hacks are ready.

ah, I see. I knew there were pcbs made but didnt know they were different from the mc chtuhlu EZ pcbs. Looks like I will need pad hack boards then. Thanks!

A few updates:
  1. Padhack PCB Preorders are up on my site now. All padhack orders I get will ship with your Console JAMMAizer order when they are completed.
  2. The final test version of the PCB has been sent to be fabricated. Once I get it back and confirm that everything works the production PCB order will be placed.
  3. Pre-Orders close on the 29th. I still have 2 slots open so if anyone else wants to get in on round one now is your chance. If the last 2 slots are not filled by Saturday, anyone who was interested in purchasing more than one can feel free to snag another.
That's all for now.

Last edited:
Behold!!! I present to you Attract Mode/MAME running on an Egret II MS9 monitor.

JAMMAizerAttractMode.jpg

I have here a cheap MAME PC with a CRT Emu enabled Radeon HD7350 card. It is outputting a 15khz signal at 0.7vpp. But as you can see, JAMMAizer is amping the RGB levels nicely. Notice how high the whites are (contrast) and how dark the blacks are (brightness). Yet, you can still see the gradient detail in that psuedo-Viewlix image's left arm. You can also see the the wallpaper in the background. Some of you have heard me say, I feel the J-Pac's amp is outdated and produces an image that lacks contrast and that I feel the THS-seriers amps do a better job at amping 15khz RGB than the amp that Ultimarc uses. Here is proof.

JAMMAizer is going to work just fine for MAME-to-JAMMA cab application fellas.
Good to hear! Unfortunately, my PC only have HDMI ports and I'm wondering if you have or willing to try to see if HDMI to VGA adapter work on JAMMAizer w/VGA Hat? Thanks!

Good to hear! Unfortunately, my PC only have HDMI ports and I'm wondering if you have or willing to try to see if HDMI to VGA adapter work on JAMMAizer w/VGA Hat? Thanks!
I don't have an HDMI adapter. Not willing to try it.

Hey everybody, I just wanted to let you all know that there is one pre-order slot still open. Pre-orders close tomorrow at midnight, central time. Get in there!

I've placed orders for several more of the hard to find components already so the only thing left to order is the finalized high quality production PCB and the digikey parts list. I should be receiving the true final prototype PCB by Wednesday so I should be able to assemble, test and place the production PCB order by Thursday.

Well that's all for now folks.

Production update.

Almost all of the pre-orders chose the buttonmapping IC upgrade, so I've placed an order with RGB for all of the ICs needed for the pre-orders plus a few extras in case anyone decides to upgrade after the fact.

The "Final" PCB prototypes arrived and they have a couple of errors that needed correcting. I really thought I had accounted for everything on this one, but I was wrong. These issues have now been addressed and another prototype has been ordered. Assuming there is nothing wrong with it the full production PCB order will be placed as soon as I test the new prototype.

That's all for now.

Thanks for the update and your diligence on getting it 100% right so early adopters don’t feel left with a early revision. Take your time and fingers crossed this next one is finito :)

Send me an extra 3 5-10 when you send the JAMMAizer. Let me know what you want for them. Thanks!

Last edited:
can these be used on the mini supergun?
A supergun allows a JAMMA board to work like a console. The JAMMAizer does the inverse. It allows a console to work like a JAMMA board.

Back