What's new
Thanks!
Just a suggestion. Change the color of the lines and boxes that go around the description and go to the component to RED to make it easier to see against the black background of the pcb.

:D
Thanks for the feedback, I have updated the user manual.

Looks great!

You are welcome!

That's about the only technical thing I can do around here...

=O

I got my JAMMAizer! It's so awesome!
I almost lost the VGA hat and the bag with standoffs in the trash because of the excitement :o

Thank you so much @Arthrimus :)

Here is my JAMMAizer fully assembled and screwed together (VGA hat and MC PCB's) using my 7 or 8-year old Akishops PS360+. Fitment is perfect. Screw holes on the MC PCB's line up perfectly. Will be giving this run through its paces quite heavily over the Thanksgiving Holiday.

JAMMAizerAssembled.jpg

My setup will be primarily for console use but if/when I decide to dive into PC use is there a known cheap USB PCB that supports the same 20-pin header standard? Cthulhu seems like overkill to me and I already have Brook retro boards for my old consoles.
Nope. We will have to wait for whoever is making the Zero Delay encoders to exhaust current stock. Then they can design the Zero Delay II with the MC 2x10 header.
Since there are currently no USB out options for 20 pin connector, curious what the options are for usb out?

Well I stumbled onto some (potentially) good news: Brook Retro Boards apparently supports PS3 & PC via USB cable on the RJ45 port.

https://arcadeshock.com/products/brook-retro-board

I ordered a couple during the Black Friday sale so hopefully will be able to test soon. I'll try a setup with PI2SCART via JAMMAizer since I don't really have a MAME PC ready to go at the moment.

got mine today together wit the mc cthulhu pcb, assebled it without a problem and tested it with my pc engine. when i tried gate of thunder i couldn't get past the cd-rom screen. when i connected a pce controller i got the game to run. now i reconnected the pce to the mc cthulhu and the rest of the buttons and the stick seems to register correctly?

Am i doing something wrong, or why is the run button not registering? unfortunately i'm new to the mc cthulhu, so ii don't know where to start. The cables (i got two for the pce) i got from arcade shock.

any help would be greatly appreciated...

Apart from that great product - it looks and sounds amazing :thumbsup:

UPDATE - ok i'm not exactly sure what i did different now, but now it works - i tried with the start/select emulation, which didn't directly work, but the pushing start afterwards it worked.

does the combinations for start and select change setting for how start behaves or does pressing the combination mean you pusch the corresponding button? (i've got no idea if the last sentence makes sense :S :P )

Last edited:
got mine today together wit the mc cthulhu pcb, assebled it without a problem and tested it with my pc engine. when i tried gate of thunder i couldn't get past the cd-rom screen. when i connected a pce controller i got the game to run. now i reconnected the pce to the mc cthulhu and the rest of the buttons and the stick seems to register correctly?

Am i doing something wrong, or why is the run button not registering? unfortunately i'm new to the mc cthulhu, so ii don't know where to start. The cables (i got two for the pce) i got from arcade shock.

any help would be greatly appreciated...

Apart from that great product - it looks and sounds amazing :thumbsup:

UPDATE - ok i'm not exactly sure what i did different now, but now it works - i tried with the start/select emulation, which didn't directly work, but the pushing start afterwards it worked.

does the combinations for start and select change setting for how start behaves or does pressing the combination mean you pusch the corresponding button? (i've got no idea if the last sentence makes sense :S :P )
This is probably a topic for another thread since it deals with the MC PCB's. But the console cables made for this application can be crap. Re-crimp them if you have a set of crimpers. Re-terminate them if you have to. And make sure they are clicked all the way in. Pretty common problem with the MC PCB's regardless of the application they are used in. If you are lucky, you will have a well made set of cables and will never run into the problem. Remember, Cat5/5e/6 wire is made to meet some sort of ISO standard. The wire in the console extension cables that are crimped to RJ45 plugs are made of not of the same quality. Sometimes those crimped connection can loosen and go bad. Sometimes, jostling them around can get the contacts connected. Personally, I had to recrimp my cables after they had been sitting for a few years to get them to work with the JAMMAizer prototype.

Don't understand your start and select issue well enough to comment on that part.

@midwaydj, AFAIK, all of the PCB's that use the 20-pin MC header have USB-to-RJ45 compatibility: Brook Retro/Universal Fighting Board/, PS360+, MC Cthulhu.

@midwaydj, AFAIK, all of the PCB's that use the 20-pin MC header have USB-to-RJ45 compatibility: Brook Retro/Universal Fighting Board/, PS360+, MC Cthulhu.
It looks like the Brook Universal might be the best bet since it seems to have a USB port on it? Given the issues with cables you mention, this could eliminate that issue. I don’t have any experience with these boards so I’m taking a guess.

No console-to-RJ45 compatibility means it is not a good choice for the console flexibility that JAMMAizer affords. If you are or intend to be a JAMMAizer user, and you only plan on running MAME on your cab, and you don't already have any of the other MC PCB with a 20-pin MC header, this is the most simple and least expensive solution. Pretty narrow niche though.

What's the deal anyway on the need for a USB connection on an any of the existing MC PCB's. You can terminate a USB 2.0 cable to RJ45 and it works just fine. USB cables are everywhere you look. Effectively, they are free. You can buy a crimping tool set and it comes with RJ45 modular plugs for $15. Then you have USB console to your MAME PC, PS3, Xbox 360. The cost of a crimping tool set is less than the cost of these new PCB's. And you can crimp your own console cables if you have a crimping tool set.

Last edited:
so what do I actually need if the preorders are opened again ?
I have an Astro City Cab (15kHz onlay) and want to play Saturn, PS1 and propably XBOX360 (only 15kHz, I know its shit) on my cabinet.
So I need the Jammaizer, but what else in addition ?

For 360 you will need Akishop PS360+ adapters (which will also handle PS and Saturn). If you’re not using 360 you can use the Brook Retro board or the EZ MC Cthulhu board that @Arthrimus makes (which you need to source a MC Cthulhu chip for).

For each console you connect to the above adapters you need RJ45 cables that go between them and the console. Also SCART cables to connect between the console and the JAMMAizer!

Also keep in mind you need one adapter for P1 and another for P2 for controls. If you’re just playing 1P games you only need one board.

so what do I actually need if the preorders are opened again ?
I have an Astro City Cab (15kHz onlay) and want to play Saturn, PS1 and propably XBOX360 (only 15kHz, I know its shit) on my cabinet.
So I need the Jammaizer, but what else in addition ?
15khz from an X360 isn't that bad. It actually is decent.

What's the deal anyway on the need for a USB connection on an any of the existing MC PCB's. You can terminate a USB 2.0 cable to RJ45 and it works just fine. USB cables are everywhere you look. Effectively, they are free. You can buy a crimping tool set and it comes with RJ45 modular plugs for $15. Then you have USB console to your MAME PC, PS3, Xbox 360. The cost of a crimping tool set is less than the cost of these new PCB's. And you can crimp your own console cables if you have a crimping tool set.
Can’t speak for others, but for me it was just a knowledge gap. Seems you have cleared that up. I’m waiting on Cthulhu chips to test but I went with the EZ boards and rj45 to usb cable.

I received my order this week thx very much arthrimus. I will make a better retrun when I will have time.

Back