What's new
Just wanted to confirm the jammaizer + vga hat & Mc Cthulu with rj45 to usb cable is working great for a groovy mame setup. The rgb amp is a major improvement over the jpac.
I can confirm video and audio works just fine, provided you have your MAME box running CRT Emu (or ArcadeVGA *yuck*).

Haven't used Arthrimus's EZ MC Cthulhu board with an RJ45-to-USB cable yet. Thus far, I have been using Akishops PS360+ for MAME controls using a USB cable. If I can dig up my RJ45-to-USB cables, I can confirm if the MC Cthulhu works through that interface. I know it works on the classic Toodles PCB through USB. Don't see why it wouldn't work through RJ45-to-USB however.

If it doesn't work, the Brook Retro board does indeed work for PC controls through RJ45-to-USB.

Just wanted to confirm the jammaizer + vga hat & Mc Cthulu with rj45 to usb cable is working great for a groovy mame setup. The rgb amp is a major improvement over the jpac.
I can confirm video and audio works just fine, provided you have your MAME box running CRT Emu (or ArcadeVGA *yuck*).
Haven't used Arthrimus's EZ MC Cthulhu board with an RJ45-to-USB cable yet. Thus far, I have been using Akishops PS360+ for MAME controls using a USB cable. If I can dig up my RJ45-to-USB cables, I can confirm if the MC Cthulhu works through that interface. I know it works on the classic Toodles PCB through USB. Don't see why it wouldn't work through RJ45-to-USB however.

If it doesn't work, the Brook Retro board does indeed work for PC controls through RJ45-to-USB.
I’m using the EZ boards with Mc cthulu chips and rj45 to usb. I wanted to let you all know the suggested setup is working. Appreciate the advice.

so I ordered one Jammaizer and a EZ Board. I want to use it mainly for XBOX360 setup. So I need an additional Mc Cthulu Chip and a RJ45 cable to get it running, right ?

Cool. Yeah, if a RJ45-to-USB cable plugged into a Arthrimus's EZ MC Cthulhu boards is then plugged into a PC and is recognized in a PC->Contrl Panel->USB Gamepad, would work just fine for MAME applications. You'll also find JAMMAizer's onboard mono amp a huge improvement over the J-Pac's broken audio implementation. Literally, JAMMAizer makes PC-to-JAMMA as simple as PCB swapping.

so I ordered one Jammaizer and a EZ Board. I want to use it mainly for XBOX360 setup. So I need an additional Mc Cthulu Chip and a RJ45 cable to get it running, right ?
No. The MC Cthulhu doesn't support the X360. You'll have to one of the Brook boards that supports the X360 or Akishops PS360+ (which is OOP). And depending on the board that you get, you would just need a USB cable for X360. Don't forget the X360 SCART cable either.

...if a RJ45-to-USB cable plugged into a Arthrimus's EZ MC Cthulhu boards is then plugged into a PC and is recognized in a PC->Contrl Panel->USB Gamepad, would work just fine for MAME applications.
And here I was wondering why I was so confused reading this thread.

=O

Wouldn't it be possible to use a mouse/keyboard adapter for the X360 and simply plug it into a JVSPAC?

Just pre-ordered one with all the upgrades. Can't wait!

What is everyone playing on the 360 besides Cave shmups? I won't have my cabs tated so debating if I should even try to find PS360+ for 360 support.

What is everyone playing on the 360 besides Cave shmups? I won't have my cabs tated so debating if I should even try to find PS360+ for 360 support.
I can't think of any games besides Cave Shmups that I would play on an X360 in a cab, although I know there are plently. But you don't need to tate your cab to play X360 Cave shmups. Just will have side bars if you don't.

Also, you don't really need a PCB with the 2x10 pin header either. It is cleaner if you have such a PCB though. But if you commit to a little soldering, you can just wire leads from whatever PCB you have for the X360 to a 2x10 pin header and plug that into JAMMAizer. You can also use the EZ Pad Hack too if you spend a little more.
...if a RJ45-to-USB cable plugged into a Arthrimus's EZ MC Cthulhu boards is then plugged into a PC and is recognized in a PC->Contrl Panel->USB Gamepad, would work just fine for MAME applications.
And here I was wondering why I was so confused reading this thread.
=O
Here is the TL;DR version:

(JAMMAizer) + (VGA Hat) + (Arthrimus's EZ MC Cthulhu) + (RJ45-to-USB cable) = Will work just fine for MAME

Plenty of good retro and more current fighting games on 360. If you're not into that, there are/were several really good XBLA beat-em-ups released that would be great to play on a cab and way cheaper to obtain than the original boards.

The 6-player single widescreen X-men port is pretty good.

Pre Order update: This round is moving much slower than last time, which honestly was to be expected. I think most of the people here on the forum who wanted one got theirs on the first round. I'm going to keep the pre orders open for another week. If all of the slots don't sell it's no big deal, I'll just fulfill the orders I have received so far. Once Pre Orders close the delivery time should be less than a month. I've already received all of the parts that might be affected by Chinese new year so I don't foresee any major delays.

I probably need to do a better job of marketing my projects outside of this forum, but I'm not very good at that sort of thing.

Well that pretty much covers it for now.

Hello with my NNC picture seems dark (jammafier + tri sync helper), I must 3 pots RGB output impedance to brigher it?

Just had a chance to test out the ez boards with Mc Cthulhu on NES. I purchased some rj45 to NES cables from jasens customs. The A & B buttons are mapped to jamma buttons 5 & 6 which is fine for a usb fight stick but not fine for a jamma cab with no kick harness. It looks like MC Cthulhu is not programmable so assuming I would need to recrimp the rj45 connectors so A & B are mapped to 1 & 2? I realize I should have listened and made the cable myself from the beginning... :)

Just had a chance to test out the ez boards with Mc Cthulhu on NES. I purchased some rj45 to NES cables from jasens customs. The A & B buttons are mapped to jamma buttons 5 & 6 which is fine for a usb fight stick but not fine for a jamma cab with no kick harness. It looks like MC Cthulhu is not programmable so assuming I would need to recrimp the rj45 connectors so A & B are mapped to 1 & 2? I realize I should have listened and made the cable myself from the beginning... :)
Did you buy the button remapping add-on when you purchased your Jammaizer?
Upgrade Options:

Button Remapping and Rapid Fire IC: Designed by "RGB" creator of the HAS supergun and RECO PCB. Allows full remapping and rapid fire programming of buttons 1-6 for player 1 and 2. Rapid fire modes can be toggled between different speeds and can be toggled between V-Sync locked timing and asynchronous timing depending on your needs. Frankly this upgrade is a must. Upgrade priced at $25

It looks like I did but I didn’t realize it! Thanks. The button config the same as the HAS?

Attachments

• 7A68693A-96DC-42A8-BA15-0E4B471ED06B.jpeg
    7A68693A-96DC-42A8-BA15-0E4B471ED06B.jpeg
    404.3 KB · Views: 199
Just read the manual which I’m not sure why I also missed. Looks the same. Thanks for pointing out this capability.

This is a perfect example of why the button remapping chip is such an essential upgrade for a project like this. The way buttons are mapped for some consoles just do not make any sense on an arcade control panel.

Back