What's new

muffman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Are there any ways to tell the difference between an authentic control panel vs a repro from photos? I have someone trying to sell me an "authentic" Taito 2 player panel. It looks like the black 2 player L panels do however it does not say L in the bottom left corner like it seems most black L panels do and also it is 8 button instead of 7 button like I am used to seeing.

That's not even a repro, since there's no such thing as a Taito panel like that, it's just a knockoff. Anyone calling that authentic is either clueless or trying to rip you off.

Thank you for everyone's input. It was very helpful and kept me from making a mistake!

Been working on a Vewlix in work and personally own a Chewlix. There is not much in it to be honest.

If you want a 2 player panel with 8 buttons and know what you're getting into, and are paying an appropriate price, then go for it. Who cares? But don't overpay for authentic when it's not, and be prepared for the quality to perhaps leave something to be desired compared to an original.

Yes, I completely agree. And just to be clear I have no issue with reproductions. The issue was that the seller did not advise it was repro in advance, when asked if repro they doubled down and said it was authentic, and they were charging authentic prices. I actually look forward to hopefully buying a repro from alberto in the future possibly.

Back