What's new

LuKa

Student
Reaction score
Hi guys, I'm pulling my hair out with this issue I have. I have got a Vapor TRX which is a Atari Seattle board. The game runs and is playable but the issue I have is the colours a really washed out and dark, as if white/brightness is completely missing. I have verified the game board on different monitors and they do the same, also I tried a few known working jamma boards on the Vapor TRX monitor which looked perfect, even for shits and giggles I tried it on a Supergun on my TV at home.. same issue.

I have had snippets of info to try and fix it like reflow the Video Amp chip, the problem is I have no idea where that video amp IC is on the board. Does anyone know at what location this is located?

maybe the signals are too strong or biased.
have you tried putting 220uf capacitors in series with the RGB lines? i had to do that with some old SNK games.

Thank you @stj I haven't tried putting any caps on rgb lines. I'll give that a go, what's the best way to put them in series, using a adapter or something?

if your using a so-called "supergun" then an inline board with some type of "sockets" you can push components into may be handy - or get a small breadboard from ebay/ali.

tv's are a lot more touchy about video signals than arcade monitors.
and be carefull with those Gonbess video convertors too - they dont like the sync going above 3v - it can damage the chip.

Back