What's new
J

jassin000

As the owner of both a CPS2 multikit and the JAMMA Vewlix you might be wondering...
Why haven't I posted a single picture of that setup in action?

The answer is one of control; you see Taito in its unquestionable wisdom, decided to place buttons 4 and 5 on the JAMMA edge.
Button 6 was a separate two wire (p1/p2) with this connector...
IMG_20160320_193004.jpg

Adding a RECO allowed me to quickly and easily consolidate buttons 4/5 from the edge, while reincorporating button 6 into a single CPS2 style connector.
IMG_20160331_200010.jpg

Notice I did hack off the special Taito connector of the stock kit and splice in a CPS2 connector for use with the RECO.
I really did not want to do this, but sourcing one of these connectors was getting tiresome.

I had to angle the CPS2 inside my cab, with the RECO attached it was too long and the door couldn't be closed.
IMG_20160331_195910.jpg

Of course I can't resist taking at least one screen shot...
IMG_20160331_200237.jpg

Just as I was putting the finishing RECO touches on my first Darksoft setup in cab, this shows up...
IMG_20160331_192757%257E2.jpg

IMG_20160331_204920.jpg

Ok two screen shots...
IMG_20160331_204833.jpg

This looks great, glad to see RECO found some use in a Vewlix cab.

PS I recommend sandwiching RECO between the two acrylic glass covers included with the bundle. Not only does it protect the electronics, but it also gives additional grip which helps with connecting/disconnecting the PCB games.

I did have the plexi case on the RECO to start, I only removed it because it made the RECO sit a little higher up then the game board.
I was concerned this minor height flex would weaken the JAMMA key over time.

I would like to put plexi cases on all my game boards, then it would match the height perfectly and look really sharp/match too.

Derick turned me on to the Glowforge, its pretty expensive but it looks like it would handle the job with ease.

Just as I was putting the finishing RECO touches on my first Darksoft setup in cab, this shows up...
Man, I am happy you got that motherboard fixed :thumbsup: . I would have done the fix myself with the audio chip but I would have had to buy a hot air station. So I am very happy on the trade.
Derick turned me on to the Glowforge, its pretty expensive but it looks like it would handle the job with ease.
I already preordered the pro model, only thing that sucks is it ships 3rd quarter this year, so my PCB custom cases with engraved artwork will have to wait till later this year. I am happy to hook you with anything you want designed and cut. I am already looking to buy ESD safe acrylic sheets, the stuff is expensive, but I dont want to risk using the regular acrylic on my boards.

This looks great, glad to see RECO found some use in a Vewlix cab.
Got my Reco's RGB, awesome work as always buddy. If anyone is looking to get these, dont hesitate, quality product folks.

Vewlix C: TMNT2 - Turtles in Time!
IMG_20160421_193642.jpg

IMG_20160421_193948.jpg

IMG_20160421_193958.jpg

So why post this in the RECO thread? Surely a two button beat'em up like this has little but auto fire to gain from using a RECO?

The truth is I wouldn't be able to play this board with a RECO period!
Something about the sync this PCB kicks out causes the Taito scaler to freak, dropping to black screen.
Turning on the built-in sync cleaner circuit solved the problem in one power cycle.

I've tested other Konami boards, Simpsons, TMNT1 without issue.
Whatever the difference IDK, but RECO is the answer.

Thanks again RGB for your amazing product, this thing should be in everyone's cab end of story!

Back