S18 : Shadow Dancer 171-5987 patch (romboard with the 315-5436 custom chip like Clutch Hitter, etc)

    This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

    • S18 : Shadow Dancer 171-5987 patch (romboard with the 315-5436 custom chip like Clutch Hitter, etc)

      I did this hack for my good friend @lorenzo2mars in order for him to convert a Clutch Hitter romboard to Shadow Dancer.
      In other words this hack allows to convert newer romboards (with the 315-5436 custom chip) to Shadow Dancer.

      I've used romset shdancer, simply use files from this set except for ROMs A5/A6 where you must use my patched files:
      filedropper.com/sdanyromboard

      1) ROMs types:

      A6 -> 27C2001/27C020
      A5 -> 27C2001/27C020
      B1 -> 27C2001/27C020
      B2 -> 27C2001/27C020
      B3 -> 27C2001/27C020
      B11 -> 27C2001/27C020
      A11 -> 27C2001/27C020
      B10 -> 27C2001/27C020
      A10 -> 27C2001/27C020
      B9 -> 27C2001/27C020
      A9 -> 27C2001/27C020
      B8 -> 27C2001/27C020
      A8 -> 27C2001/27C020
      A4 -> 27C100/27C1000 - NON JEDEC!
      B4 -> 27C2001/27C020

      That's 14 * 27C2001/27C020 and 1 * 27C100/27C1000 needed.

      2) ROMs positions

      Use this conversion table:

      Left OG position on 5874, right corresponding position on 5987
      A6 -> A4
      A5 -> A6
      B1 -> B1
      B2 -> B2
      B3 -> B3
      B11 -> B10
      A11 -> A10
      B10 -> B11
      A10 -> A11
      B9 -> B12
      A9 -> A12
      B8 -> B13
      A8 -> A13
      A4 -> B7
      B4 -> B6

      3) Jumpers settings

      2/4/5/8/10/11
      18/14/16/19
      25/21/23/28
      29/31/33/35/37/39/41/43
      45/47/49/51
      66/68/69/71
      Looking for:
      - OutRun boardset even untested or not working
      - Sega Super Scaler hardware (Out Run, Model X, Model Y), even with faulty PCM chip



      01010011 01000101 01000011 01010010 01000101 01010100 00100000 01001101 01000101 01001110 01010101 00100000 01000111 01010101 01011001

      The post was edited 1 time, last by Apocalypse ().

    • I confirm : my Friend @Apocalypse made an incredible job while i'm a full beginner in converting PCBs.
      Starting at zero, and a couple of hours later, playing shadow dancer... It's just Christmas in August !

      Many thanks, i feel lucky being your friend (not only considering arcade ;) )
      Multi CPS 1 (Aje) / 2 (Darksoft)
      Multi Taito F3 (Darksoft)
      Multi MVS (Darksoft)
      Multi Sega C2 (Apocalypse)
      Multi Irem M72 (Apocalypse)
    • Thank YOU @sk8er000. I was a bit sad to see so few interest.
      Looking for:
      - OutRun boardset even untested or not working
      - Sega Super Scaler hardware (Out Run, Model X, Model Y), even with faulty PCM chip



      01010011 01000101 01000011 01010010 01000101 01010100 00100000 01001101 01000101 01001110 01010101 00100000 01000111 01010101 01011001
    • Maybe it's because everyone is still on vacation, I'm sure a lot of other people will be glad to see this conversion! :)

      This morning I've tried your conversion!
      Initially I had some issues (NOT related to your work).
      It sounds strange to me but the B1 rom that is used for audio was generating some garbage on the background (mostly black pixels) due to some ossidation on the pins (it took me 3 hours to figure out the issue :whistling: ).
      I still have some black pixels that show for a second when the shōji is opening or closing (for example at the end of the levels) but during the gameplay it seems everything right.

      This conversion is really a very cool present to the comunity. Thanks for doing that and thanks for sharing it with us! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

      The post was edited 1 time, last by sk8er000 ().

    • sk8er000 wrote:

      Maybe it's because everyone is still on vacation, I'm sure a lot of other people will be glad to see this conversion! :)

      This morning I've tried your conversion!
      Initially I had some issues (NOT related to your work).
      It sounds strange to me but the B1 rom that is used for audio was generating some garbage on the background (mostly black pixels) due to some ossidation on the pins (it took me 3 hours to figure out the issue :whistling: ).
      I still have some black pixels that show for a second when the shōji is opening or closing (for example at the end of the levels) but during the gameplay it seems everything right.

      This conversion is really a very cool present to the comunity. Thanks for doing that and thanks for sharing it with us! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
      Enjoy it !
      @Apocalypse made a great job for arcade community (as usual)
      Multi CPS 1 (Aje) / 2 (Darksoft)
      Multi Taito F3 (Darksoft)
      Multi MVS (Darksoft)
      Multi Sega C2 (Apocalypse)
      Multi Irem M72 (Apocalypse)