What's new
Thanks Darksoft ! cool news !

Stupid question : can you confirm please if i need a "bios update" on my custom sh2 cart to run the 3rd strike 1x byte patched version ? If not, if there some change log ? :)

Thanks !

Last edited:
Thank you @Darksoft for releasing the new CDs and especially the new BIOS. I am interested to see how close to stock it really is :D

And while some may disagree with the release done "both ways," I think it makes sense and was ultimately smart. The community spoke up pretty loudly that it wanted a version that distinguishes this game, even if people are able to again modify it to not have that. And if we're conceding that this is something people want and are going to do anyways, might as well have the official Darksoft release that is done right and can be versioned against in the community.

I'm downloading and testing...

Stupid question : can you confirm please if the new bios provided is needed to run the 3rd strike 1x byte patched version ? If not, what’s the change log ? :)

Thanks !
There is no need to change the BIOS, just download the new Image and update the game to the A version of CPS3 3rd Strike 990512 using the corresponding Makoto bugfixed ISO.

Stupid question : can you confirm please if the new bios provided is needed to run the 3rd strike 1x byte patched version ? If not, what’s the change log ? :)

Thanks !
There is no need to change the BIOS, just download the new Image and update the game to the A version of CPS3 3rd Strike 990512 using the corresponding Makoto bugfixed ISO.
Thanks a lot Darksoft, really cool :)
Incredible work as usual, thank you all guys ! Super excited to test this asap ! (any chance to have the byte patched version with darksoft text when all tests done ? :) )

Last edited:
Downloaded and installed! Boots and plays just fine using the standard SH2 image. I'm sure someone will beat me to it, but I'll get some direct capture of recreating the specific glitch in a few weeks; packing up the board for an event soon-ish and my capture card is with the person I'm going to see. Thanks again!

For those with SD2SCSI this is most easily accomplished with Win32DiskImager software, simply renaming the file extension to *.img (from *.iso) and write it to SD card.
for those with SCSI2SD & on Windows... also you can use the dropdown inside the file selector in win32diskimager to change filetype to * any, and select an .iso file. Probably better than having a bunch of different .img and .iso files floating around.

Thanks for the update.
The Japan no cd load up the US version (is that what the stand for?). Other than that it load fine. I manually edit the file to load the Japan version and disable the drive to be a true nocd

you can guys download and compare the different bios and isos and you'll know what has been changed so you can actually make your own versions i.e. Brazil nocd bios or iso that has 4th strike and makoto fix. You name it!

My vote is...

Street Fighter III: Third Strike - Version A+
+ = Removal of Makoto v. Ken neutral throw game crashing glitch fixed.)

Fin.

I liked the suggestion of A' (dash) just like Champion Edition SF2'.

But honestly the double . . Is fine, just something to properly identify the version is all I needed.

I've been playing, seems like A. ;)

31SRHKh.jpg

This is also me testing @invzim 's Jammafier device with the OSSC and my even longer JAMMA extender cables thanks to @KingSopz
wUIHzLv.jpg

r8HM0IQ.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I know this is now becoming a semantics discussion, but putting + on anything indicates there is a new added feature to the game. When this is more of a fixed version rather than something new.

I'd be more inclined to go with something like what @jassin000 suggested: A' (dash), or perhaps A* (denoting asterisk for the fix).

I know this is now becoming a semantics discussion, but putting + on anything indicates there is a new added feature to the game. When this is more of a fixed version rather than something new.
I'd be more inclined to go with something like what @jassin000 suggested: A' (dash), or perhaps A* (denoting asterisk for the fix).
As I said, the ISOS are there for free avaiable for anyone to make a simple HEX compare. Then you can find where the DOTs are and replace them by * or + if you want. :thumbsup:

I have custom SH2 cartridge with superbios and scsi2sd, official superbios image

If I wanted to make make it so it automatically boots to USA version with no region select, what would I have to do?

Back