What's new
I have a bunch of CDs. Is there a way to know which version it is without having to dump them all?

I have:
3x2nd Impact with text on the inner circle of the CD: CAP-3GA000
1xSFIII:NG with text: CAP-SF3-3
1x3rd Strike with text: CAP-33S-1
1x3rd Strike with text: CAP-33S-2
1xCAP-JJK000

Is there a way to know which version it is without having to dump them all?
TL;DR version is that the actual CD data is the same between regions... so when you rip them they crc32 the same. However the Japan Region discs have a printed code that ends with 00F/000, and everywhere else is A04/0A0. Also, the label on the discs is different. At least on 3s the Japan region discs have Japanese text on the cover, where the USA ones do not.

inserting the relevant paragraph from the source code here for posterity.
Code:
Each game consists of a cart and a CD having various codes needed to identify them. Carts and CDs have
both a different Part # printed on their front/top side that includes the game cart/CD code and ends
respectively with 00F/000 for all Japan releases and with A0F/0A0 for all the other ones. Therefore,
the part # can be used only to identify Japan releases and further parameters need to be introduced.
The cart is responsible for the game region that can be identified by a label with colored characters
and a code printed on the back side. The antepenultimate character of the label code and the colour of the
sticker vary by region, exactly as happens on the boot screen when the board is powered on. There are two
types of carts. Some require the CD to boot, some don't since the game is already loaded into the SIMMs.
Both types are externally identical and use the same codes, so the only way to distinguish them is to dump
the flashROMs. The game region and CD/NO CD flags are controlled by two different bytes in the flashROM.
The CD (and SIMMs too if the cart is of type NO CD) contains the game revision that can be identified
by two codes, the catalog # and the label. The catalog # is the identifying code printed in the mirror
ring on the top side close to the CD's center while the label is the code appearing on the CD icon when
it's inserted into a PC CD drive. It has been verified that the catalog # and label are the same for
some games but quite different for some others, so it's better to check both to avoid confusion. It
has also been verified that the catalog # and label (and the data on CDs) don't change between regions,
only between revisions. However, knowing one of them and comparing it with the table above will help
to understand if a new game revision has been discovered. Current CD dumps have been documented using
the catalog # as name, since the label is already included into the images used to generate CHDs.

@KaPH33n also worth to mention - according to MAME table known to exists but undumped discs of: SF3 NG - ver 970312 and 970403; and SF3 2nd ver 971016

I recently went through and ripped all of my CDs looking for any deviations from the MAME listing.
q_9VrvDWjlgTAOynXHWwjs-3X2-dnOj9fK3uT2gT_P4E9R0GHGV8ZrUNz65biartU__oYpzHMNVZtC7_XMDkSAEqq-hWhusbDjf1Id_Q9bwD8PRGn5-iL3411fg1Woc3bZiuLdmTyULQdL_IpElwJgzmyjElawA-g29MmcM0UAwd5JXiBwyLUDn5EvEdbhs2V0cQF_8JubnNlQ-5ePAFAVRqPUvHt4XK_v4JXUMVS_-wBZLndmYGMpbpHlevBVT9D049z29Xk-0-XeWIkDyho8Dyoc_pyAHVuS6dOb4jd_YsgLlpvkSlajE8N2_ZUgLq4LJrQtb3uKpYFFDv7i2BW2Ke7hYH6PorQk_C38Omk8naE2nvCHmV7oiKfQCJnklEOfOl0vtotb2DUz5R6qVe2Bhz5sBAucNsfE8XzcAwf2ujflEPL7_x99uR2A_mDMCrh5o0nx6t81maKhprL_5vpM4_IB3O3CF45O_IaRQ7y4YED7JI-ZDZp1OS4Ed5vZv7d6vQfzj-gPdEIkXA5p4Yb2aegnPPGO7yT8GOg4btGfSyrXxTiLvW9REgDj_pNACNgRWkkGnILJlEO0QbCRnNcsbMhab3S4NNBG8cjqYq_lmUmTA60gr1DV3yDvq2dX50-QMhrOoKYTNR2xp-nYonXcxK2KuBcEuSPDOQp8jKOm0-VbNz0MHS5O6UuquNTFrSsZmhtzGOzcBx7Dg8EjU__TBWc9lqaHtrziXvEtlnY25IpRCprg=w756-h1007-no

There's just some of them... but what I went through everything matched up and no inaccuracies in the mame comments. Unfortunately they are all the common versions that everyone has.

I do not have any of the JJM discs, and I would like one if anyone has any to sell, or trade! I have ripped two of the JJK discs myself.

Here are the discs I have ripped myself:
JJK 981202
JJK 990128
2i 970930
3s 990512
3s 990608
NG 970204
Warzard 961121

@Darksoft besides of CDs, there is also undumped but supposed or known to exists BIOSes:
- SF3 3rd ASIA CD
- SF3 3rd ASIA NOCD
- SF3 3rd MEXICO
- Red Earth USA
- Red Earth MEXICO
high likely they are only 1byte different from dumped other region BIOSes, but worth to check and make sure. (obviously this can be done only by persons who doing BIOS or/and SH2 CPU replacement services)

@Darksoft besides of CDs, there is also undumped but supposed or known to exists BIOSes:
- SF3 3rd ASIA CD
- SF3 3rd ASIA NOCD
- SF3 3rd MEXICO
- Red Earth USA
- Red Earth MEXICO
high likely they are only 1byte different from dumped other region BIOSes, but worth to check and make sure. (obviously this can be done only by persons who doing BIOS or/and SH2 CPU replacement services)
I just sold my Asia 3s. Cd version. I didn’t know it was undumped? Does reading the bios kill the cart? Because the one I sold was still alive, I changed the battery on it in March.

street fighter iii third strike chd has CAP-33S-1 and want the patch zip for street fighter iii third strike for makoto bug fixed along with yang's second super art for player 2 magnetic storm also fixed for cap-33s-1 to play on mame

street fighter iii third strike chd has CAP-33S-1 and want the patch zip for street fighter iii third strike for makoto bug fixed along with yang's second super art for player 2 magnetic storm also fixed for cap-33s-1 to play on mame and need help patching the street fighter iii 3rd strike version a 990512 chd for makoto bug fixed along with magnetic storm second super art for yang player 2 fixed.

Back