What's new
How does one do that? Is that something mitsurugi should be doing?

I know I see that. But how do you re-flash the bios on the cart?

Like, do you have to unsolder the chip inside and hook it up to some machine connected to a computer?

Ok thanks :) Not gonna need to do that for the time being.

Street Fighter III: Third Strike - Version A+
I know this is now becoming a semantics discussion, but putting + on anything indicates there is a new added feature to the game. When this is more of a fixed version rather than something new.I'd be more inclined to go with something like what @jassin000 suggested: A' (dash), or perhaps A* (denoting asterisk for the fix).
As I said, the ISOS are there for free avaiable for anyone to make a simple HEX compare. Then you can find where the DOTs are and replace them by * or + if you want. :thumbsup:
heh, yeeeeah I’m not about to be doing that. I’ll leave the hacking to the professionals.
Messing around with hex values terrifies me.

As I said, the ISOS are there for free avaiable for anyone to make a simple HEX compare. Then you can find where the DOTs are and replace them by * or + if you want. :thumbsup:
heh, yeeeeah I’m not about to be doing that. I’ll leave the hacking to the professionals. Messing around with hex values terrifies me.
worst thing you can do is get an install error and have to wait ~40min while a real disc installs again. Experimentation is what makes this hobby fun! Hex values are just numbers... what if i told you to edit the binary, instead :D

giphy.gif

Can't wait to try this out tonight :D

Thanks for all of your help, guys <3

while here a bit of tech skilled people (as I hope) - may anyone measure CPS3 video signal V/H sync frequencies ? I'm not sure if numbers currently used in emulators really correct and accurate.

while here a bit of tech skilled people (as I hope) - may anyone measure CPS3 video signal V/H sync frequencies ? I'm not sure if numbers currently used in emulators really correct and accurate.
To the best of my knowledge most emulators put it at a 60hz (I know this isn't really what you asked for) refresh rate, whereas the board itself is a small fraction under that ~59.9hz. I'd suspect that this comes from the very slightly different Hsync and Vsync values. It results in a very slightly sped up feeling when playing on emulator (or any console version of the game). If I'm wrong, someone please correct me.

To the best of my knowledge most emulators put it at a 60hz (I know this isn't really what you asked for) refresh rate, whereas the board itself is a small fraction under that ~59.9hz. I'd suspect that this comes from the very slightly different Hsync and Vsync values. It results in a very slightly sped up feeling when playing on emulator (or any console version of the game). If I'm wrong, someone please correct me.
he's asking for exact numbers so that he can FIX the emulator speed up.

To the best of my knowledge most emulators put it at a 60hz
no, they are not.
usually emulators have such values per system: pixel clock frequency, "H total" - number of clocks per line, "V total" - number of lines per frame/field (plus blanking start/end values). from these they calculate exact H/V frequencies.
as was said, I suspect current values used for CPS3 is not really correct/accurate, which results a bit not accurate rates.

but, it is mainly important for understanding how CPS3's CRTC works in general. it is flexible thing, and supports wide numbers of resolutions. however at practice was used only 2 - normal 384x224 and SF3-2's wide 495x224.

Ah, well that makes sense. The OSSC displays the vsync value right? Is that a good enough value? What tooling would you need to get the hsync value?

A lot of shit changes in over week, congrats fixing it @MetalliC.

I don't care what you guys do. After I run my event in a couple weeks, I'm gonna update the boards to the new version and have people test. I plan on being silent to my players about the fix for a set time period, to see if they notice anything different, then eventually let them know what's going on. Don't want a placebo effect clouding their judgement.

I think its neat regardless
Still one of my favorite moments my hacks is seeing one of Japanese players surprise, when someone showed them the color chooser ST hack I did with the extra stages.

I have a CPS3 set up available, so if there's something that you want me to check, let me know and I'm happy to do it.
well, as was said - I'd like to see exact frequencies measured.
in perfect case - SYNC pulse recordings using logic analyzer device, where can be seen durations of H/V sync pulses, blank H/V start/end, etc.

in perfect case - SYNC pulse recordings using logic analyzer device, where can be seen durations of H/V sync pulses, blank H/V start/end, etc.
Ok but it'll probably be a while before I find a good deal on a logic analyzer. If someone else can do it that'd be better.

I have a CPS3 set up available, so if there's something that you want me to check, let me know and I'm happy to do it.
well, as was said - I'd like to see exact frequencies measured.in perfect case - SYNC pulse recordings using logic analyzer device, where can be seen durations of H/V sync pulses, blank H/V start/end, etc.
@ShootTheCore just got himself a very nice logic analyser and I believe he has a CPS3 setup....

Back