What's new
BBQ recommendations, places to visit for Pinball in STL, home recipes, this thread is now delivering!

what's with all those BBQ XD

Did i wrote my topic's name in a weird way that is not making sense, could it be ?

It's easy to slip... Maybe we just love BBQ?

"Cab smoking" went from smoking in a taxi cab, to smoking BBQ. Now I'm going to get BBQ for dinner.

I'm a Korean heritage American born in Texas. Also lived in NC for 8 years. So I like to think I know me some BBQ.

Every place has a specialty for bbq...
Texas: Brisket
Korea: Galbi (beef short ribs)
North Carolina: Whole Hog and other pork. I love that hot vinegar :D~

Haven't actually been to St Louis myself yet, would love to try it one day.

I'm a Korean heritage American born in Texas. Also lived in NC for 8 years. So I like to think I know me some BBQ.

Every place has a specialty for bbq...
Texas: Brisket
Korea: Galbi (beef short ribs)
North Carolina: Whole Hog and other pork. I love that hot vinegar :D~

Haven't actually been to St Louis myself yet, would love to try it one day.
OK, raised in NC (vinegar based BBQ), lived in TX (pit style BBQ with great brisket), lived in GA (sweet BBQ pulled pork), and in HI (Kalbi all day every day), and now, just got back from Pappy's in STL... holy crap, it was AWESOME! I don't do favorites, but this is in my top 3 of all time for sure. Had a full rack and burnt ends. I didn't think anything would be better than some burnt ends I had in TX, but, this place is that good!

We are staying 1 mile from Pappy's and all the other BBQ places downtown, so hell, I'll do a trip report as we eat.

Pappy's is awesome, very, very sweet though, and although I did enjoy the BBQ beans, I'd say they were too sweet. They also do a 50% military discount, which is f'ing ridiculous! 4.5 out of 5 stars, only docked it half a star b/c I now have the diabetes...

Glad you liked it! Those ribs hit the spot for me!

@Escarioth - Big props to you for making this thread and tolerating us! :D

Dang, this thread is

Screenshot_20190822-084403__01.jpg

Back