What's new

CoolFox

Grand Master
Reaction score
It never stood a chance!

Photo Aug 14, 4 15 38 PM.jpg

Ouch! Was it an ebay pickup? If there isn't bga substrate damage/delamination it can be fixed.

We talked at VCF, I got the hikaru (and model3s) going the past few days.

Ouch! Was it an ebay pickup? If there isn't bga substrate damage/delamination it can be fixed.

We talked at VCF, I got the hikaru (and model3s) going the past few days.
Nah the side bga was destroyed, ripped a ton of pads. Sent it back.

Glad you got yours working!

Damn, totally reckless packing :(

Nah the side bga was destroyed, ripped a ton of pads. Sent it back.
That sucks :( I really wish there was someone setup to re-ball these, then we could start getting them fixed and not worry about shipping damage.

was that a private seller or a company?

the stuff i got from ebay in the past from u.s. company's was always totally covered in bubble wrap and surrounded by screwed up newspaper.

was that a private seller or a company?

the stuff i got from ebay in the past from u.s. company's was always totally covered in bubble wrap and surrounded by screwed up newspaper.
Was on Ebay. But honestly even a regular PCB would probably not make it with the way he packed it (or not packed it in this case).

HOW TO SHIP A HIKARU! Take the board out of the cage (leave it on the metal plate) and wrap a million pieces of bubble wrap around it. Get a 20x20x20 box, fill it 1/4 of the way with peanuts, place the bubble wrapped monster into the box, fill the rest with peanuts. Literally floating on air.

3.jpg

2.jpg
1.jpg

Holy crap that BGA chip just popped right off didnt it.... the poor thing :(. That box is definitely too small as well way way too small and no wrapping? wtf...

I had a PGM board shipped to me recently from China via Ebay and it was very much how you got your first one. Mine somehow still worked...

I see this stuff more and more these days. I miss early 00s ebay, back when all the sellers were die hard collectors and everything was always packed great! And USPS actually had a working phone number :(

I Bought a MIB SMS launch system once.
Me: "Please pack it well with lots of bubble wrap"
Seller: 'Don't worry, Im going to ship it in the original box'
Me: :O !!!

I see this stuff more and more these days. I miss early 00s ebay, back when all the sellers were die hard collectors and everything was always packed great! And USPS actually had a working phone number :(

I Bought a MIB SMS launch system once.
Me: "Please pack it well with lots of bubble wrap"
Seller: 'Don't worry, Im going to ship it in the original box'
Me: :O !!!
In the last few years there seem to be a ton of sellers doing it for pure income, and not because they are also collectors / in the hobby. Those people don’t know how to ship a pcb!

I recently got a CPS 2 B board in. In a large priority box with a thin piece of bubble wrap.

Shocked it didn’t get destroyed in transit.

I recently got a CPS 2 B board in. In a large priority box with a thin piece of bubble wrap.

Shocked it didn’t get destroyed in transit.

I got TWO cps2 b boards shipped in a regional rate box to me with nothing inside the box but the boards crammed in there. I was so upset when I got the box. Relieved they arrived intact.

One of them was an original SSF2X on battery....

The fact he crammed them in made it so they didnt move inside freely and the usps gods were on my side.

I picked up a used gaming laptop a few years back that I had wanted since it was new but couldn't justify the price. The guy sent it to me in an oversized box with no packaging at all except for a towel. What is even crazier is it arrived on my doorstep without any damage, not even so much as a pressure mark on the screen. (which is surprising given the weight of the ac brick) Its as if the mail carrier magically teleported it there. To this day I don't understand how it happened but I swear it did.

I picked up a used gaming laptop a few years back that I had wanted since it was new but couldn't justify the price. The guy sent it to me in an oversized box with no packaging at all except for a towel. What is even crazier is it arrived on my doorstep without any damage, not even so much as a pressure mark on the screen. (which is surprising given the weight of the ac brick) Its as if the mail carrier magically teleported it there. To this day I don't understand how it happened but I swear it did.
Sometimes luck smiles on you I guess lol

Back