What's new

Sylver

Beginner
Reaction score
Hello, I'm Sylver, 42 years old, software engineer and I have a strange hobby : repair old consoles :)
I started with a lot of handheld consoles like Game Gear with a lot of leaking capacitor issues, sometimes it was just some broken screen issues, dead loudspeakers and so on ... Then I started repairing home consoles, starting from smell problems to CPU/PPU change on SNES ... Then I get a dead Neo Geo AES, learnt how things are connected together inside and how they communicate and started repairing some of them ! Then things got worst : I got a MVS slot with supergun, then a faulty 2 slots MVS that I repaired ... I finally get a CPS2 A+B Board that I converted to a Multi CPS2 yesterday ;) So I'm here !

BTW I also got a Multi AES cartridge from Darksoft, so that gives me 2 good reasons to be here ;)

I have few software/hardware projects in progress that are more or less related to arcade :
- One adapter to connect 2 DB15 arcade sticks (including NeoGeo AES stick/NG CD controller) to a computer/Raspberry/MiSTer using USB (I already have a working prototype) and stuff is available here : https://github.com/sylverb/NeoGeoUSBAdapter (source code and pcb), I'll update it soon when I'll received latest PCB version.
- One device to run CPS2 games without the need of a battery ! Basically like the infinikey but with open source software and PCB design. The project is still in early phase, I have the software ready (running well according to simulation tools), I now have to design the PCB !

See you !

Hello and welcome.

Great projects you have there, interested in both of them.

thanks for the github link - alwas good to get more projects bookmarked! :)

Welcome! Not that strange hobby though, I know several people who do this kind of stuff nowadays.

I have myself got familiar with Amiga, X68k, Laseractive and PanaQ repairing amongst other more simple things :)

Back