What's new
Im also interested in purchasing a physical copy but as far as backing it for kickstarter the first and most important question is will backers get their copies first or last?

I backed bloodstained and Im still waiting for my backer copy. Games were shipped out to non backers first, then North America and Europe, and Asia regions still havent gotten anything. Best Buy sold special edition copies as well so there wasnt any point in spending all that money.

Unless there is a really good benefit to being a backer then buying it when its released is the best option for me.
wow, that really sucks. Hopefully you get your order soon.

Keep as originally intended. Just add the rotation control adjustment.

Also, maybe consider later on porting this over to the pgm, the motherboards are cheap, and producing the cart pcbs should make it extremely cost effective. Plus, the community might develop a repro shell that you might be able to use. Maybe the PGM port has some different features, tweaks, levels, etc... to the original.

Guys how does the control rotation work. Iam trying to see what you guys are talking about in my head but cant see how this works.

Guys how does the control rotation work. Iam trying to see what you guys are talking about in my head but cant see how this works.
monitor stays in hori

joystick inputs are remapped so you don't have to change your controls to play the game. Text and score will still be sideways of course.

Example:
Up is remapped to Left
Down -> Right
Left -> Down
Right -> Up

I'm not the best at explaining so I'm sure someone can clarify a little better.

I think there's only one MVS cab model that has proper mounting to rotate the monitor?
I think most Japanese MVS cabs can be rotated.

Neo XYX definitely didn't hit with the shmup community.
Well, if we're talking about Shmups, those guys have ridiculously high standards. Plus, almost everyone plays exclusively on either PC or PS4. It's a tough crowd.

Anyway, as for it making it tate or not, tate all the way IMO. Vertical shooters just work way better in tate. Like @theoddtech said, pair it up with a 1-slot motherboard and treat it as a jamma game.

I would vote for tate too.

Interesting to see what comes out from this project.

@nem

The MVU series can't (can confirm 25 and 29 anyway).
The SC cabs can't.
The Neo19 can't.

Maybe the Super Neo can?

@nem

The SC cabs can't.
The Neo19 can't.

Maybe the Super Neo can?
Neo (Candy) 25 / 29 should tate. Super Neo should as well.

As long as the monitor has a frame and the bezel is removeable and shaped like a square, I don't see why you can't rotate these cabs. What's stopping the U-series from rotating?

As long as the monitor has a frame and the bezel is removeable and shaped like a square, I don't see why you can't rotate these cabs. What's stopping the U-series from rotating?
The metal cut-out that the frame bolts to works in one direction, but not the other. You'd have to cut it down a bit. @theoddtech and I tried it a month or two ago on his 29, and I've tried it on the 25 before.

Good to know the other ones can!

Reactions: nem
Im also interested in purchasing a physical copy but as far as backing it for kickstarter the first and most important question is will backers get their copies first or last?

I backed bloodstained and Im still waiting for my backer copy. Games were shipped out to non backers first, then North America and Europe, and Asia regions still havent gotten anything. Best Buy sold special edition copies as well so there wasnt any point in spending all that money.

Unless there is a really good benefit to being a backer then buying it when its released is the best option for me.
wow, that really sucks. Hopefully you get your order soon.
you and i both man. Still waiting as well as others in the region but definitely hasnt been the greatest investment at all.

That sort of thing happens way too often.

shipping to stores before backers was one of the things that killed the Ouya console. Same thing happened with PSIO when they were shipping to resellers before all the pre-orders were filled.

It's a pretty shitty thing to do basically giving the middle finger to all the little guys that helped you get to market. People seem to forget that all of those pre-orders/backers are the people that are going to forgive your hiccups and go around encouraging all of their friends to support your product down the road. Burn them though and they turn from vocal evangelists to vocal detractors.

The metal cut-out that the frame bolts to works in one direction, but not the other. You'd have to cut it down a bit. @theoddtech and I tried it a month or two ago on his 29, and I've tried it on the 25 before.
Interesting. I guess I'll have to try rotating mine.

That sounds like a horrible experience :( Let me personally assure you that backers will get their copies first!
I don't think you should change your game to horizontal if thats not what your original design was for.
Strongly suggest that you don't rework the game away from your original vision!

Another vote here for just adding a control rotation option.
Yeah, going horizontal is officially off the table again. We just didn't want to dismiss this very valid idea/feedback instantly without giving it any real thought. There will be an option to flip the controls tho :)

@nem

The SC cabs can't.
The Neo19 can't.

Maybe the Super Neo can?
Yes, I'm actually playing this on a 1-slot MVS inside Super Neo (Candy) 29 in TATE configuration. That's what you see on the shots! :)

This is neo xyx in hori. I prefer vert but this works pretty good in cabs that you can’t or don’t want to put in tate
oh thats neet, so they just flip the controls, on-screen text, etc. and leave the gameplay as-is.

I'm all in on this! (Also need the GBC game) :) Can't wait for the KS campaign!

Back