What's new

Someone Else

Student
Reaction score
Howdy! So I'm basically just an arcade layman (but huge arcade fan) trying to finally get my prized possession up and running properly after only being able to use it for MAME for a long time.

I think I was able to finally source everything needed to get the Vewlix F up and running, except the I/O card.
(Taito apparently did not have any Vewlix I/O boards in stock.)

I would like to inquire about another possible option, though.
I picked up 2 TTX2 units from a local source not long ago, along with what I think is a (non-Taito) JVS I/O that supposedly MIGHT work with it.

Questions
  • Would this card work between a Vewlix and a TTX2? (Using Niko's Freeware Multi if that makes a difference)
  • Could it be adapted to work with some kind of commissioned adapter or something?
  • If it's impossible to use it as the I/O card, is there some other source where I might find any IO card that would work between the Vewlix and TTX2? (With Niko's Multi)
  • Besides the official Taito harness, is any other wiring required for hooking up the sticks or buttons? Does the harness attach directly to the terminals (metal tabs) under the buttons and sticks?
Images of the card in question:
7IO 1.jpg
7IO 3.jpg

If those images are too small to tell, there are larger images near the bottom of an Imgur album:

https://imgur.com/a/3tn37q8

Many thanks if you took the time to read my post and/or provide answers or tips!

Very hopeful to finally have things up and running authentically.

Attachments

• 7IO 2.jpg
    7IO 2.jpg
    798.3 KB · Views: 215
  • 7IO Close.jpg
    7IO Close.jpg
    674.3 KB · Views: 238
Looks like it's keyed for a Taito harness.

Please hold, I'll shoot pics of the inside of the control panel.
Thanks very much!

And the harness, from the looks of it, definitely seems to include all needed wires. That's wonderful.

So, as long as it's keyed correctly it should work, and is probably the right kind of I/O? (Not something for say, a racing cab or anything?)

I greatly appreciate your patience with my layman questions. The 2000+ likes are well earned, my friend!

Well, if it's keyed right, it should work. Hopefully someone else has a Riverservice JVS IO and can speak to compatibility.

I don't have a Vewlix or Taito harness to test, but I believe the pinout for a RiverService I/O is meant for a Sega harness.

I don't have a Vewlix or Taito harness to test, but I believe the pinout for a RiverService I/O is meant for a Sega harness.
Assuming the Taito harness fits and clicks into place, but the pinout is for a Sega harness, what might the result be?

Are Sega control wirings very different? Could grounding wires be in the wrong place? Could it damage something?

Might it be possible to commission an adapter for it, which would re-route the wiring correctly?

Edit: I wanted to clarify that last paragraph.

Assuming the Taito harness fits and clicks into place, but the pinout is for a Sega harness, what might the result be?
Sega and Taito connectors are keyed differently. If it fits and clicks into place it shouldn't be Sega pinout, because it wouldn't fit Sega harnesses at that point.

You should probably just email Riverservice and ask. https://www.rs2006.co.jp/overseas.htm

Are Sega control wirings very different? Could grounding wires be in the wrong place? Could it damage something?

Might it be possible to commission an adapter for it, which would re-route the wiring correctly?

I'm a bit of a rookie too when it comes to arcade hardware, but have a Delta32 with a similar IO (model 080709). All of the wiring from what I can tell is essentially Sega.

I'm a bit of a rookie too when it comes to arcade hardware, but have a Delta32 with a similar IO (model 080709). All of the wiring from what I can tell is essentially Sega.
Sega 60-pin connector would have one notch cut out, not two. It would not fit in this JVS IO.

https://imgur.com/a/k2Okpf1?fbclid

Last edited:
I have 2 of that individually for 1 and 2 player

Attachments

• C360_2019-08-06-12-28-58-591.jpg
    C360_2019-08-06-12-28-58-591.jpg
    676.6 KB · Views: 188
  • C360_2019-08-06-12-29-21-796.jpg
    C360_2019-08-06-12-29-21-796.jpg
    747.4 KB · Views: 193
  • C360_2019-08-06-12-29-28-238.jpg
    C360_2019-08-06-12-29-28-238.jpg
    735.3 KB · Views: 187
Sega 40-pin connector would have one notch cut out, not two. It would not fit in this JVS IO.
Ah, so it's not the Sega harness. The IO I have is very similar: https://imgur.com/TmOErdl
I'll see if one of my friends will let me throw this IO into their Vewlix F and see what happens lol.

You should probably just email Riverservice and ask. https://www.rs2006.co.jp/overseas.htm
I've reached out to them for part inquiries before and they have been very helpful and responsive.

It's a different board for 2 players?I emailed RS awaiting answer about the one I have.

How much are you charging for your boards?
120$ shipped for both i/o and the wires with connectors
Thanks! I will wait for River Service to tell me if my current I/O board works for Vewlix/TTX2, and if not, I will contact you about yours.

Thank you for letting me know about it!

It's a different board for 2 players?I emailed RS awaiting answer about the one I have.

How much are you charging for your boards?
120$ shipped for both i/o and the wires with connectors
I took Rewrite's good advice and River Service finally got back to me
The reply was that it's for (specifically?) a Net City cab.

It was definitely a good idea to check, because similar model numbers can be very different sometimes.

I would like to purchase the TTX2 I/O.

Do I need both of the I/O cards for a 2 player harness, or will 1 work for 2 players?

Back