What's new

awbacon1

Champion
Reaction score
I've started working on removing the real time clock chip checks for the M2 platform, and whatever I eventually figure out may be useful to others on other platforms that Konami also stuck these damn battery backed "suicide" chips on.

Part 1 in the series. Just a nerdy fun video where I explain my work process and actively show you how I fail :) Still haven't cracked the RTC as of today but I am getting closer and will keep updating the series with new work

Nice work!
I'm surprised nobody has done patched sets for the konami stuff yet, the RTC is a pain in the ass.
Now the M2 system is working in mame cracking it should be a lot easier ;)

Makes it easier to rapid test in debug but there are some bits of data from the bios that aren't in mame. The 4 bank chip has data on 3 of the 4 banks but the mame bios dump only includes 1 bank. Not sure if the other two banks are necessary but im finding more info daily lol

Doesnt make it easier with that extra data unfortunately lol

I was able to get the board to execute code and boot Tobe! Polystars and Total Vice today. Video will be out in like 12 days and itll show what modifications I made to achieve it.

Still no 100% there yet on the RTC checks yet, so Battle Tryst, Heat of Eleven, and Evil Night remain unplayable. But it went from a door stop to a working board so thats a plus!

Back