What's new

tonjo

Student
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I’m having an issue with one of my cps2 systems.

When I put my fully working B board onto the A board I’m having issues with, the colours are dull, sprites are missing and the picture is upside down.

If I put that same B board onto another A board I have it works no worries and all is fine.

Cab is Astro City.

I’m pretty much a noob so apologies in advance.

0cOhpFoNsz3e2r0Yqo9Z7Zf8w

Without seeing photos, there was a similar issue where the LS157s on the colour lines needed replacing. So that could be part of it.

Upside down is usually a bad inverter IC

Can you go into the service menu and run the colour test and take a photo of the bar graph?

Without seeing photos, there was a similar issue where the LS157s on the colour lines needed replacing. So that could be part of it.

Upside down is usually a bad inverter IC

Can you go into the service menu and run the colour test and take a photo of the bar graph?
hey mate, sorry still having issues with uploading pics. Dunno what do....

Colour test mode has “blocks” missing

Is this what you’d be looking for?

Yep. LS157 fault most likely if that's the case but photos will still help confirm

Wow that's really all over the shop. Definitely could be an issue with the 157, possibly an issue with a custom.

Have you confirmed there's no bent pins?

Wow that's really all over the shop. Definitely could be an issue with the 157, possibly an issue with a custom.

Have you confirmed there's no bent pins?
Just had a look and no bent pins

What region is it? You might need to have the LS157s replaced to start with if it's not something you're comfortable with

Back