What's new

tronbaby

Student
Reaction score
Hoefully someone can help. I converted a Dinoking cab recently and it all works great with Retropie.
I recently bought original CPS3 hardware and that works great too.

I then bought a load of CPS2 hardware and Neogeo64 and a handful of other systems (that support 15Khz) but the picture is messed up. See the screens below. They are fully working as I get sounds, controls, coin etc, but the image is scrambled. Any ideas? It's strange, as the Raspberry Pi and CPS3 hardware display prefectly.

Any ideas?

IMG_8028.jpg

IMG_8030.jpg

IMG_8029.jpg

Yes, that was it, thanks. Annoyingly I'd have to modify the sync for different systems.
Thanks for the help.

Unfortunately that is true. Not a big problem for operators not switching games a lot but for people intending to use it for multiple systems/pcbs it can be a mild annoyance.

CPS3 is also very narrow , you will need to alter the width to fill the screen., and then contrast, height, volume etc.

It’s like that with arcade games, each system needs to be setup individually.

Interestingly, since I modified the h/v sync for CPS2, everything else works with these settings (other PCB's, CPS3, Namco 246/256 etc), I dont need to adjust the pots again to get a stable picture. Happy days. The only thing I've noticed is brightness differences across different systems.

It's a real pain to get to the monitor controls on the standard Dinoking monitor, is there a guide anywhere to swapping the controls anywhere?

Back