What's new

RealMFnG

Legendary
Reaction score
Aighty, swooped up a Dynamo HS9 just for the PCB that was in it.
HS9Strikers.jpg
That same day, enter this Sempron (silly name to pick there for processors, AMD :D ) that I found sitting outside the door of my local recycling center as I was recycling some donor CRT's.
Sempron.jpg
It was destined for scrap and I am going to repurpose new life into her. She is going to spend the rest of her days powering a MAME cab (hopefully). She's got enough HDD space for the job (200 gigs), just barely. She only has 2 gigs of RAM in her, might get lucky and that will be enough. She's got USB ports to drive Zero Delay encoders. She's got what I hope is a PCI-E video card slot so that I can add in a Radeon HD5000+ video card so I can run CRT Emu. I would never think of MAME-jobbing a dedicated cab. But Dynamo's are generic and it is perfectly fine to give the MAME treatment to Dynamo's.

Soon as I find my keyboard, I'll start the MAME software installation, then the adventure begins!

Last edited:
Heh heh I must be insane, I think, because here I am trying to stick a high end AMD Ryzen, 32GB of ram , 2x 1TB M2 SSDs, and a high end video card into a Chewlix LOL.

I always love seeing your builds thought :)

Heh heh I must be insane, I think, because here I am trying to stick a high end AMD Ryzen, 32GB of ram , 2x 1TB M2 SSDs, and a high end video card into a Chewlix LOL.

But we gonna use it for steam and other stuff ;)

But we gonna use it for steam and other stuff ;)
Oh I wasn't talking about your rig going into the Vewlix I was talking about mine LOL .. same difference though :p

Check out her specs. As PC Magazine would put it, she is a hi-end screamer! I'll be upgrading her RAM to 8GB though ($17).

EDIT: FYI, I am running MAME .204. Fairly new since it was released just in November 2018. The video card is a Dell Radeon HD7350 ($8).

dxdiag.jpg

Last edited:
Even after an upgrade to 8GB of RAM, CPU utilization in the Attract Mode UI was still at 100% on some game videos!!! Then I remembered that some of those video snaps are Flash videos and so I have to enable hardware acceleration (GPU acceleration). So I did that, problem fixed! No issues with switching from AM to MAME and back and forth now. I'm happy and this Sempron PC is getting stuffed in a cab this weekend.

Back