What's new
do you know the make, series etc of the factory fitted part?
i can probably pull a datasheet for it.

do you know the make, series etc of the factory fitted part?
i can probably pull a datasheet for it.
I have no way of knowing, unfortunately. Unless someone else chimes in with their Neo19 chassis.

I measured the diameter of the silkscreen and the distance between the legs, and bought the same capitance/voltage as the one on there, and chose the lowest ESR ratings available and am hoping that will work. It was a $5 capacitor!

I had to get a bunch of things ordered before the holiday here Monday so I tacked it onto my order last night.

Looks like they just put in whatever caps they had on hand, including axial ones.

I would recap the whole thing with good quality Nichicon / Panasonic caps. Low impedance caps in the power section.

@nem everything on there is Nichicon already at least. If replacing the filter cap results in anything other than perfection I'll make a list and recap the whole thing. I just was ordering a ton of things for other projects last night and wanted to get this in too.

Looks like a hodgepodge of caps to me. The yellow band C775 is Nichicon too? Not a series I'm familiar with.
Looks like I misremembered. Just went over to it after reading your comment. There are a lot of Nichicon on there. But not all. Must have just seen a few and went "Oh, well at least I have that going for me". *sigh*

I'll just give it a proper recap next time I order from digikey, ha.

@stj and @nem : it's a completely different monitor with the filter cap changed. Runs great. Going to recap entirely when I order from digikey again (and recap the PSU as well since it whines a bit).

Thank you both!

so you put something with decent ripple handling, nice.
for others - what part did you use?

Back