What's new

DaveR

Student
Reaction score
Hello
SO I came in early, still got to finish the Time Crisis 4 project and get both sides working, we are now happy we hot Player 2 working (PSU was going under volt)

I did some experiments with Player 1 hard drive and security key, found that Player 1 HDD was not booting but found that both security keys worked in Player 2 ( I think, not 100% on that now )

So, I got CloneZilla out and found I could not read anything on the working Player 2 sda original 40GB HDD disc (also found a alternative disk for now) and I was going to write out to another (or one of the same make)

I have read on here that 'dd' are possible, I am also aware that macos 'dd' is a program I could use but I need two USB>IDE cases.

Is there an easy way of duplication?

Included pictures to show the error message and that I am not doing anything bad.

I did attempt to clone to same drive, but the drive I had was ticking! so I tried other methods including making an image

Thanks
Dave

edit: Just been using Player 1 on same hard ware, so the dongle has the same TSF lower number but the upper number is different (presume serial number).

edit 2: Just noticed an ebay listing with a 80gb drive in a 256 ? mines a Samsung 40GB SP0411N ... does it matter?

Attachments

• IMG_7039.JPG
    IMG_7039.JPG
    746.9 KB · Views: 340
  • IMG_8198.JPG
    IMG_8198.JPG
    810.4 KB · Views: 282
  • IMG_1100.JPG
    IMG_1100.JPG
    540.7 KB · Views: 342
  • IMG_9689.JPG
    IMG_9689.JPG
    433.3 KB · Views: 302
Last edited:
I'd check with someone to make sure that dd does in fact work properly, as I've heard that plugging some HDDs into a computer cause some issue with the disks afterwards?

But if you where to use dd, you'd only need one USB -> IDE converters.

You could first create a backup of the working drive by running:

dd if=/dev/hda of=/home/dave/time_crisis.img bs=10m

where /dev/hda is the name of the drive, found by running 'fdisk' on a linux machine, or 'diskutil list' on a mac.

You can then just copy that image back onto a different drive using:

dd if=/home/dave/time_crisis.img of=/dev/hda bs=10m

Hope this helps!

I used HDD RAW Copy ... i think i got something... we will see.

thanks for the line for dd

i did buy a IDE to USB3 converter for my macbook

plugging drives into windows can cause problems, the shit will write some files to the drive like a "wastebin/trashcan" folder.

if you plug both drives into your motherboard and boot a linux live-disk image you can use DD.
(as long as the drive isnt locked - but that's rare)

Back