What's new

muffman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hello,
Was a lurker on here for quite a bit and thought I would finally make an account. I used to be pretty active in Tech Talk in the SRK forums. Used to be heavily into modding arcade sticks aka, fight sticks, for consoles and PC's. Got out of the hobby for a while because of life and when I returned it seemed like a lot of the enthusiasm from the FGC and video game community for arcade sticks was dead, or at least not what it used to be. Now that I have a little more space and a little more cash I thought this would be a good replacement hobby for modding arcade sticks. Also, from lurking on here a bit I am very impressed with this community. There is a wealth of knowledge, enthusiasm, and just a sense of comradery on the forum. I also play a lot of SFV so if anyone wants to go some sets PM me.

Very good question. I would not use the word "big" per se to say the level I enjoy it, but 3 is pretty damn cool. The others not so much. However that has nothing to do with the username. Just a username I created a long time ago when joining Head-Fi forum, another random hobby, and for whatever reason I still use it on some other forums. Was supposed to be a sort of nod to ear muffs, which are like headphones, but with no audio.

I approve his choice of avatar/profile image. :thumbup:

I've sold 4 of these now, but I've still got two left for my HAS/SG setup (aka enjoy stick building too).
HvWf6ud.jpg

Hello,
Was a lurker on here for quite a bit and thought I would finally make an account. I used to be pretty active in Tech Talk in the SRK forums. Used to be heavily into modding arcade sticks aka, fight sticks, for consoles and PC's. Got out of the hobby for a while because of life and when I returned it seemed like a lot of the enthusiasm from the FGC and video game community for arcade sticks was dead, or at least not what it used to be. Now that I have a little more space and a little more cash I thought this would be a good replacement hobby for modding arcade sticks. Also, from lurking on here a bit I am very impressed with this community. There is a wealth of knowledge, enthusiasm, and just a sense of comradery on the forum. I also play a lot of SFV so if anyone wants to go some sets PM me.
Hide yo wallet.
This place has a way of artfully extracting your monies as FOMO has a strong current here.
Some of the custom stuff people sell here scratches so many retro-itches.
Worse off, sometimes you'll never see that custom gear again so get it while you can.

Welcome to the forums.

I approve his choice of avatar/profile image. :thumbup:

I've sold 4 of these now, but I've still got two left for my HAS/SG setup (aka enjoy stick building too).
After I changed it I noticed how similar ours. I am a Gief main so glad to hear!

Those little Madcatz SE sticks are pretty fun and cool to mod. I have 3 of them currently still. I have sold off a lot of my collection but still have another 10 arcade sticks or so I need to sell to help fund future arcade projects. I took the artwork off of two of the SE's and powder coated them. They turned out pretty cool.

Hide yo wallet.Some of the custom stuff people sell here scratches so many retro-itches.
Worse off, sometimes you'll never see that custom gear again so get it while you can.

Welcome to the forums.
Yes I can tell this all quickly gets very addictive, especially for some of the harder to find items. Never thought I would pay $40 for an ashtray until I started getting into this stuff. Now I'm trying to buy more expensive ashtrays to go with future cabinets. I'm probably doomed.

Back