What's new

yardley

Student
Reaction score
Hi guy, I'm looking into purchasing this cab but the PSU says 220v (I'm in the US). I've read that these have a step down transformer built inside? Possibly pictured to the right of PSU? I see however that there is a cable that comes off of it that is unplugged. Looking for some insight.

Attachments

• IMG_1647.JPG
    IMG_1647.JPG
    567.6 KB · Views: 255
  • PSU.jpg
    PSU.jpg
    579.4 KB · Views: 243
Last edited:
the switching psu is dual voltage, you can see it on the sticker - there may be a switch inside if it's not auto-switching.
the other questions would be the monitor and marquee lamp i guess.

Thanks man, where is the switch usually located if there is one. You have any idea why that one cable on the right side of the split image is disconnected? What do you mean monitor and marquee? Here’s a pic of the back of the monitor.

Attachments

• BE71CCDE-16D6-4F3C-BEFF-F5C6DD3E58C5.jpeg
    BE71CCDE-16D6-4F3C-BEFF-F5C6DD3E58C5.jpeg
    758.4 KB · Views: 163
well the monitor obviously must be running through a transformer.
the marquee lamp hopefully does too.
https://wiki.arcadeotaku.com/w/Sega_Blast_City

whoever designed the wiring was probably a cleaner working nights and not an engineer!!
i suspect the psu sends 220v out to a transformer that feeds the monitor and any flourescent lamps.

also, the unconnected transformer may be left from it's original game.
it could have been driving force-feedback motors on get bass/sega bass fishing for example.

also, the unconnected transformer may be left from it's original game.
it could have been driving force-feedback motors on get bass/sega bass fishing for example.
I think that's it! The PSU part number 400-5325-02-91 is in the Sega Get Bass manual. I've been talking to the seller and he said that he had someone test the cab for him a while back. According to him, the person used a Dreamcast for testing and:

"He tested two different games, a Street Fighter game and some other game. The Street Fighter game looked fantastic. Bright, colorful, sharp, etc. However, when he put on the other game, the picture was rolling diagonally. He seemed to think it may have been just some sort of sync issue with different games running at different resolutions."

I think I'm going to take the plunge and embark on the 10 hour round trip this weekend. I posted all pictures I have to the following link. If anything looks alarming please let me know. Thanks a lot for your help!

https://imgur.com/a/etND9Ug

See More from Yardley

nothing but black boxes on that link for me.
i fucking hate img hosting sites - most either dont work anymore or intentionally block linking to forums.

You should be fine, but in the long run, I'd buy a step down transformer and run it at 100v.

Back