What's new

Epyc

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just picked up an X3 with Ultra Street Fighter 4. Couple things I noticed about the pickup.

1. I don't have any security dongles on the X3, but the game plays fine. Is my X3 running some sort of hacked drive?
2. I cannot get it to display in any high resolutions, tried playing with the Dip Switches but nothing
3. My X2 is able to display full high resolutions on my Vewlix but not on the X3.

Would love to hear from someone that has experience with the X3.

Thanks!

1) Absolutely yes.

2-3) talk to whoever sold it to you, as they should know what the did to the drive and (hopefully) how to fix it.

Yeah, the person I got it from doesn't know either. Was hoping maybe someone can point me to the right direction and I can start poking around in the OS or game config files.

If just plugging the drive into your PC doesn't work (it might?) shoot me a PM.

Not sure what's up with yours exactly as I have yet to see ones that don't use the dongle still, but if it still needs to be unlocked when the X3 boots I can help you get into the drive at least.

Then someone got ripped off basically. Get your $$ back, I hope it wasn’t a crazy amount you guys paid. unless you knowingly bought it as being a hacked up version. At that point you might as well run it on a regular PC and be done with it. Post some pics of what you have and the internals of the X3. Maybe we can warn others to proper setup. X3 should be running an original drive and dongle.

Last edited:
If just plugging the drive into your PC doesn't work (it might?) shoot me a PM.

Not sure what's up with yours exactly as I have yet to see ones that don't use the dongle still, but if it still needs to be unlocked when the X3 boots I can help you get into the drive at least.
Thanks, I'll pop it in my PC this weekend and see what I can do. Yeah, weird that I don't see any dongle. The game itself works fine, just can't get it into any high res mode.

Then someone got ripped off basically. Get your $$ back, I hope it wasn’t a crazy amount you guys paid. unless you knowingly bought it as being a hacked up version. At that point you might as well run it on a regular PC and be done with it. Post some pics of what you have and the internals of the X3. Maybe we can warn others to proper setup. X3 should be running an original drive and dongle.
I don't think I got ripped off, came included in a Vewlix I picked up for a fair deal. Played and seemed fine other than the resolution issue. I'll pull it out of the Vewlix and get some pictures this weekend.

If it cost you more than like $100 you kinda got ripped off, as a legitimate one wouldn't have run too much more than that (which you could have just converted to USFIV).

The X3 as it sits won't be useful for anything aside from whatever hacked together drive you've got.

I actually think the Steam release of USF4 is BETTER than the X3 version/release.
Its the only version powerful enough to display the ink filter (the way the game was always intended to look).

Well, that’s good if you didn’t pay for it, or atleast nothing north of $100-150. But let’s wait for you to post some pics of what you got, before we help you out with the low Rez issue as we need to know what you are working with.

I actually think the Steam release of USF4 is BETTER than the X3 version/release.
I'm willing to be convinced otherwise, but aside from games that didn't get ports I can't think of any game that isn't better on Steam.

The era of the arcade releases being better has passed, now all you get is gimped feature sets, network DRM, and often worse input lag. It's fun to mess with it all as novelty or arcade culture, or to play things without ports, but otherwise? I honestly think you're just hamstringing yourself for no real reason. Other than "it came with the Vewlix and I don't want to spend a few hundred bucks and the time on a new PC setup".

If it had to take a stab. This will have a rfid emu on the drive resulting in the dips to not be listened to and forced in 640 mode

Back