What's new

rothgar

Student
Reaction score
Hello from Austin, TX. I have a few boards, and I'm thinking of buying a New Net City cab. I've started looking at related threads to see how much they go for and how to get it shipped.

Welcome

To my knowledge New Net City go's for 800 and up,
Depending on the condition... but don't quot me on that.

shipping can go from 100-500,
if you get it local or from overseas.

it's also a great cab for the sega naomi.

What wonderland do you live in where shipping a cabinet cost $100?

Bank on $4-500 for shipping domestic and double that or more if it's coming from overseas.

for real. $100 is the price if the guy lives a few towns over and delivers it for you.

about $300 is the cheapest I've ever been able to get something shipped and that's usually if it's only the next state over.

Domestic USA freight will run you $300-$600 for a single, normal cab is about what you'd expect, double that if you're shipping something big like a DDR or Twin unit. (I've had about 8 cabs shipped at this point)

Bank on $4-500 for shipping domestic and double that or more if it's coming from overseas.
I shipped a cab from CA to AZ for 150 cuz I was too lazy to road trip it. But yeah overseas shipping thats 100 bucks? Nah I don't think so.

Yeah, I was figuring it would run about $400-$500 for shipping. What companies do you guys recommend for shipping?

Yeah, I was figuring it would run about $400-$500 for shipping. What companies do you guys recommend for shipping?
i always use STI. Always. They're pricey but I've never been disappointed. I have heard people using Fastenal recently, but that requires the item to be palleted and wrapped prior to pickup and the item gets dropped at your local Fastenal hub. That runs $250-$300, but there are some what ifs there

How's the arcade scene in Bryan/College Station?
Almost non-existent. There's a redemption and vehicle arcade attached to our bowling alley for family entertainment, and an small arcade attached to a toy resale shop. The latter is cool for non-purists. It's mostly Dynamos and Big Red cabs painted black all over, playing bootleg games on LCDs. There's a couple of dedicated machines on CRTs (Galaxian and Off-Road, iirc), but I went once and called it a day.

Back