What's new
The relay is clicking and there is 5.13 and 11.76 v on cn6 of the io ...

And if i load no games ans go directly in the test mode, the io is not detected... so no point going further with a game right?

what about the jumpers on the “lower” net dimm board? Why do they do?

Naomi gets all fucked up again by the netdimm. Its like the Naomi is Whitney Huston and the netdimm is Bobby Brown. Its like sometimes they work together but most of time its a crap shoot. Why I keep insisting that we need a netdimm replacement (get Bobby Brown out of the picture :D )

Anywho, do you have any other IO to try by any chance?

Last edited:
To recap...

If you have no game the IO is present.

If you boot a game using netboot you get an IO error.

I have a similar IO to that one and in order to coin properly I need to add the resistors like @invzim pointed out but only to coin.

What happens if you hit the setup button after you get that error ?

To recap...

If you have no game the IO is present.

If you boot a game using netboot you get an IO error
No: if i insert the net dimm, only one or both boards, and i go directly in the jva test, there is no io present. If i remove the netdimm, put virtual nba, go directly in the test, my io is there.

i therefore cant hit any buttons, setup, service or others...

If you boot the NAOMI without any cart you have a JVS IO ?

You can hit the setup button when the message is present since it's physically present on the filter board in the top left corner of the unit.

edit:
If you insert the netdimm, but do not connect the ethernet cable and wait until you get an error, can you enter setup using the physical test button and verify that your JVS is present ?

Haha sorry guys yes of course the test and service buttons on the naomi are working. With a cart in, or nothing at all, i can press the test button on my blast city and i go in the test menu because the IO is found.

the second i stick the net dimm in, since the io is not detected, my blast city buttons are not working and i need to use the ones on the naomi itself...
so thanks, right there i can test and quickly see if the io is detected or not...

I did the coin cointer test and i go properly from 0000 to 0001,0002,etc.

So rtw: after i net load a game and get the message, If i hit the psw2 button (on the naomi) i get nothing, i stay at the message. If i press the psw1, i go to the test menu, go to the jvs test and “no jamma I/O board”

Last edited:
It looks like you have the: 838-13683

This looks like one of the earliest JAMMA JVS boards, can you take a picture of the JVS setup screen so we can see the ID string and the feature list ?

I know you already took one but I need something a bit more legible... :)

It looks like you have the: 838-13683

This looks like one of the earliest JAMMA JVS boards, can you take a picture of the JVS setup screen so we can see the ID string and the feature list ?

I know you already took one but I need something a bit more legible... :)
Well of course! here you go:
IMG_2742.jpg

This is one of the weirdest NAOMI issues I've seen. The fact that it netboots should rule out the BIOS, but are you using a G/H/Multi region?

Normally voltage issues would cause a crash or black screen. 12v is nothing to worry about either. I wish I had more ideas for you.

Wait, have you gotten the netdimm to work/load games, etc... or have you just gotten to the point that you can access the service menu, etc.. to config IP, test memory etc.. can double checck all the pins on the 3 cart connectors on the netdimm to make sure nothing is messed up, bent etc.. You might just need a newer IO unless the one you have can be updated. But sounds like its a netdimm issue.

Wait, have you gotten the netdimm to work/load games, etc... or have you just gotten to the point that you can access the service menu, etc.. to config IP, test memory etc.. can double checck all the pins on the 3 cart connectors on the netdimm to make sure nothing is messed up, bent etc.. You might just need a newer IO unless the one you have can be updated. But sounds like its a netdimm issue.
I load the games... ikaruga Actually goes in attract mode if i wait 5 minutes...( but no i/o so no coin,start or play! :( )

This is one of the weirdest NAOMI issues I've seen. The fact that it netboots should rule out the BIOS, but are you using a G/H/Multi region?

Normally voltage issues would cause a crash or black screen. 12v is nothing to worry about either. I wish I had more ideas for you.
Not multi bios, its japan right now. Can i see the version somewhere?

If it's an official bios it will have a sticker that says EPR- Like EPR-21576H. Let us know what that says.

I've used this IO with heavy metal geomatrix on netboot, it should work with most games.

If it's an official bios it will have a sticker that says EPR- Like EPR-21576H. Let us know what that says.

I've used this IO with heavy metal geomatrix on netboot, it should work with most games.
There is no sticker on the rom... guess ill dump it and burn a multi

To determine BIOS version without dumping.

. Enter setup using the test button on the NAOMI
. Use the service button and scroll through the entire menu 3 or more times
. The top of the screen will change to the numerical BIOS version

You should at least be using EPR-21576G (1.70) for the NetDIMM to work properly.

To determine BIOS version without dumping.

. Enter setup using the test button on the NAOMI
. Use the service button and scroll through the entire menu 3 or more times
. The top of the screen will change to the numerical BIOS version

You should at least be using EPR-21576G (1.70) for the NetDIMM to work properly.
So I’m running “naomi game boot rom ver 2.01” japan version

Back