What's new
the version on screen:
IMG_2757.jpg

Yes that is the version 1.80 (EPR-21576H) which reports itself as 2.01 ?(

So your BIOS is good, back to debugging.

Can you describe with a photo or drawing how you are powering this unit ?
what kind of power supply do you have as well.

The IO must be powered by the JAMMA edge but what is powering the edge and what is powering the NAOMI.

When you get the red IO ERROR hit the case TEST button and enter the SETUP menu do you have an IO connected ?

thank you for checking,weird indeed about the versions!?

Its a blast city so the powersupply powers both the naomi and the jamma edge.

when i get the i/o not found error message and press the case test button, it still reports no i/o even thought i do hear the i/o relay “click” on power up...

Do you have any other JVS IOs ?

Do you own a HAS ?

Just to be 100% sure try swapping the USB cable to another type.

Place your DMM on the 5V JAMMA edge on your JVS IO and hold it there during the complete cycle, see if it dips at any point.

If you have a HAS try powering the JVS IO with that instead to make sure you have a stable power source.

Do you have any other JVS IOs ?

Do you own a HAS ?

Just to be 100% sure try swapping the USB cable to another type.

Place your DMM on the 5V JAMMA edge on your JVS IO and hold it there during the complete cycle, see if it dips at any point.

If you have a HAS try powering the JVS IO with that instead to make sure you have a stable power source.
I don't have another IO.
No HAS.
I tried another cable.
The 5.1v stays there all the way.

Still no good.

What I have is other cabs so I thought, let's power the naomi with the blast city and power the IO with the NAC and ....

IMG_2768.jpg

SUCCESS!! 8o except the controls are on the NAC! :/

since the NAC PS doesn't have 3.3v output, in order to play a game, this is the setup :

- blast city is powering up the naomi
- sound from the naomi is going to the (empty) jamma loom from the blast city
- VGA from naomi goes to the I/O
- I/O jamma to the NAC

IMG_2769.jpg

IMG_2770.jpg

IMG_2774.jpg

thus having ourselves a 2 cab

IMG_2776.jpg

I am now happy to see that it all works !

I would now be nice to figure out why it's not working on either of my 2 blasts of course and I will !
I thought perhaps the fact that they don't have -5v but IT WORKS WITHOUT THE NET DIMM so that's can't be it.

I can power the IO from connector CN6 but only when there's no power on the jamma edge! ... hmmm ... maybe I'll try it without the jamma edge and see if it is then detected. I believe only the 5v is needed and not the 12v right?

Thanks again everyone and a special Arigato to RTW for sticking with me! ^^

I really glad you're getting this resolved. I've seen many crazy NAOMI voltage issues but this is one of the weirdest for sure.

I don't trust the blast to power more than a cart setup, similar to Capcom IO. I recapped my blast but I still don't trust it to power a netdimm setup by itself.

There's always the AC connector in the blast to add a sun psu for the naomi, and power the IO from the JAMMA harness.

Last edited:
I really glad you're getting this resolved. I've seen many crazy NAOMI voltage issues but this is one of the weirdest for sure.

I don't trust the blast to power more than a cart setup, similar to Capcom IO. I recapped my blast but I still don't trust it to power a netdimm setup by itself.

There's always the AC connector in the blast to add a sun psu for the naomi, and power the IO from the JAMMA harness.
I also recap my PS ahead of time ( I don't believe it booted at all without it).

ac connector for a sun PSU ... interesting. will investigate

I also recap my PS ahead of time ( I don't believe it booted at all without it).
ac connector for a sun PSU ... interesting. will investigate
should be CN13 - AC output. Same pcb in the cab that you plug the kick harness into.

https://wiki.arcadeotaku.com/w/Sega_Blast_City_Wiring_Guide

I have “improved” my setup by bringing my 2
Blast together: now the sound, image and control are on the same cab!

psyvariar 2 is pretty cool :)

Back