What's new
How do I know which style of the key writing jumper cable I need?
It depends on the B board you are using. For board revisions 93646B-5, 93646B-6, 93646B-7 you need a CN9 style cable, for B board revisions 93646B-3 and 93646B-4 you need a CN2 style cable.

As above. :) If it ain't broke....

I love this for new installs though.

I don't think existing installs should be tampered with. Those key pads are fragile, why risk damage if it's already working? Kind of goes against the original intent of the product which is to reduce the risk of damage, not increase it via people messing with working installs.

Just made my order,
I love how easy and compact the board is.

Great job Arthrimus! :thumbup:

Just ordered one as well.

+1 for OCD! My setup sis working fine, but I love how clean it looks... :)

Silly question: When soldering the 2 x 6 header to the QSB, does this not interfere with it then being able to be soldered into the multi header?

Silly question: When soldering the 2 x 6 header to the QSB, does this not interfere with it then being able to be soldered into the multi header?
It could, so you have to solder them very carefully. You don't want very pronounced fillets on the back side of the key writing PCB. The kit on my website is pre soldered so you don't have to worry about it.

Last edited:
It could, so you have to solder them very carefully. You don't want very pronounced fillets on the back side of the key writing PCB. The kit on my website is pre soldered so you don't have to worry about it.
Thanks for making these, just ordered some of them and a few of the Cthulhu boards :)
These will come in very handy as I have yet to update my multis to key writing.

Thanks for making these!

I've purchased one in anticipation of my multi purchase :)

It's come to my attention that I failed to provide a pinout for soldering the CN2 variant of the key writing cable. Here is the pinout according to the pin numbers on the JST connector on the key writing QSB:

DATA: JST NH PIN #5→ CN2 A32
SETUP: JST NH PIN #4→ CN2 A30
CLOCK: JST NH PIN #3→ CN2 A31
SETUP2: JST NH PIN #2→ CN2 A29

Last edited:
Just got my order which I placed on Friday, top notch build/quality :thumbsup:

IMG_3154.jpg

Back