What's new
A

Apocalypse

Hi,
After a move the screen of my cab has now huge convergence issues.

I tried to adjust convergence with the rings (magnets) but the plastic part maintaining them is all broken (plastic is extremely brittle, probably because of time and heat).

Where can I find the whole assembly?

FYI the chassis is a shitty Kortek one (Korean) and monitor is a shitty 25" Zenith (US). Yes in NZ everything is built the cheapest...

Probably best to try scavenging one out of a TV unit. Make friends at the local dump.

Get at least a few. Don't go for Philips or Sony sets. Size probably matters, so look for a similar sized tube.

If your monitor has any burn, you might as well extend your search for a donor tube as well.

https://wiki.arcadeotaku.com/w/CRT_designation_systems#Size_Chart_.28Color_Picture_Tubes.29
Not easy, there's no CRTs at all at the refuse station.
Screen size is 25" which makes it harder.
And yes it has Metal Slug burn in, but again it's near impossible to find a replacement here.
At least the ring assembly could be shipped internationally for a reasonable cost (weights probably less than 100g).

No CRTs at all? Where do they all go to then?

The problem is the yoke rings can be pretty specific to the yoke.

Make a post about it on Arcade-Otaku with the tube number. There's a member there that works at a refuse station. He got me a yoke sometime back.

No CRTs at all? Where do they all go to then?

The problem is the yoke rings can be pretty specific to the yoke.

Make a post about it on Arcade-Otaku with the tube number. There's a member there that works at a refuse station. He got me a yoke sometime back.
It's 2019, people have been massively switching to LCD for 15 years now. There's not many left here. If I was in France it would be a different story, much more opportunities.
I'm not on AO.
I was hoping for a quick resolution (I've seen some guys here hoarding monitors).

Bump.

Any ring assembly for a 29.5mm neck (very common) will work.

I just talked to @Apocalypse and looks like his ring is now broken for good. Anyone knows where he could get a spare one?

I just talked to @Apocalypse and looks like his ring is now broken for good. Anyone knows where he could get a spare one?
Correct I had to remove the assembly to clean the yoke (one of the convergence strips fell inside) and of course it crumbled...

Yaton just sold a ring assembly with a Nanao MS2931 yoke yesterday, maybe he would be a possible source?

I've never really played around with swapping yokes/tubes, in general I just swap the whole monitor assembly wholesale, or replace just the chassis with a like chassis.

is it possible to fix the plastic with epoxy or q-bond? or 3D print a replacement? I'm not entirely clear on what broke if it's just a small spacer part or the whole plastic yoke base?

I've never really mucked about with yokes either outside of making adjustments.

is it possible to fix the plastic with epoxy or q-bond? or 3D print a replacement? I'm not entirely clear on what broke if it's just a small spacer part or the whole plastic yoke base?
Epoxy or q-bond wouldn't work, it's dozens of broken pieces I have now. And the rest just brakes under its own weight or by touching it.

3D printing is a possibility but to me it's a complex part and material used should endure heat on the long term.

Let me take a picture of what's left.

I would just grab one from a donor TV.
Where to find that TV?
Hunting for CRTs has become nearly impossible here, yet finding one with the correct neck size is a pain. I'm not going to open TVs before buying them.

That was before I moved it to my desk where it completely collapsed...

You could probably get that 3D printed with high heat/strength resin. I would offer to print it at not cost, but yeah, I suck at 3d modeling.

You could probably get that 3D printed with high heat/strength resin. I would offer to print it at not cost, but yeah, I suck at 3d modeling.
Thanks a lot @Derick2k. We have a 3D printer at work, it changed my life (already fixed a couple of things).
But yeah, designing that part seems to be a pain. On top of that it's very difficult to take measurements as it would just crumble more...

Thanks a lot @Derick2k. We have a 3D printer at work, it changed my life (already fixed a couple of things).But yeah, designing that part seems to be a pain. On top of that it's very difficult to take measurements as it would just crumble more...
Yup, would have to have a mostly intact part, work up a model and then do test prints until you get it to the correct fit.

Everyone spread the word, someone out there has to have this yoke/parts in some junk pile,etc..that they can pull it from.

Back